Chapter IV

Later, a dead silence grew between the two for months; no texts, calls, or any meetings, they despised thoughts about returning to their usual habits as they disagreed on certain things that were uncomfortable for them both. However, they sooner realized that something was not in the right place, something was missing, maybe a talk, or a touch from the past, a nostalgic feeling rose in an immediate time. The empty spaces left in both made them seek each other hoping to refill their souls once more. Soulmates they could be, or anything similar, whether it goes or comes back, that tiny piece of ash that used to hold them always had a way to burn and rise.

One night, Vincent was sitting on the balcony, looking at the sea and how bright were the lights of the other continent, just like his, while the cold wind was blowing on his unsatisfied face. He picked his phone out of his pocket and a conversation started with a smiling face, where Harley and he were spending that beautiful evening again, texting all night. But it wasn’t enough, nothing could be truly heard after this distance that ended up like thus. Still overlooking the sea, the young man held the phone to his ear, and he kept walking back and forth, listening to her words and expressing his.
_ “sweet dreams”
_ “good night”
He went inside his room, feeling a soft warmth caressing his body, he laid on his bed, closed his eyes and with a relaxed heart he slept.
In the morning, to be precise, it was a Saturday, memories were brought back again to both Harley and her beloved Vincent. They stood together like always, near the educational center, a talk emerged from Vincent's heart with him there was a good listener whose attention was concentrated. He was lost in words, even for the way he was forming them, those previous days, the guy went through a nihilistic phase that couldn’t cease to continuously appear, but right there she was, a lady who comprehended his character more than himself that he was impressed by her and honesty on her face was shining.

“A girl that loves me even after hearing me saying nonsense, smiles and asks for listening even more.” He would say to himself. “Why would she care this much?” It seems that Ballerina is on her way to win his heart for the second time. Although they gave up the idea of love, they saw friendship enough to keep them close, it didn’t matter how many hours or days they stopped talking, since hearts were open to one another, then it felt just fine.