Chapter 1: Departure 1

The incessant buzzing of the alarm clock fills the room, gradually piercing through the morning haze. "Bzzzz Bzzzz Bzzzz Bzzzzzz," it insists, as if impatiently demanding attention. Rubbing sleep from tired eyes, a groan escapes her lips as she fumble to silence the relentless noise. "UGHHHHH!!!! HOW DID I SET THIS ALARM???"Then, like a sudden rush of clarity, it hits her. Tomorrow's the day. The day she has been eagerly anticipating and secretly dreading. Tomorrow marks the beginning of a new chapter, one that entails leaving behind the familiarity of home, the comfort of your country, and perhaps most wrenchingly, the presence of her father.

 He's more than just a parent; he's her anchor, her guiding light, the bedrock upon which she built the person she is today.

She is siting on a comfortable bed, adorned with a quilt hand-stitched with love, sits nestled in the corner, its pillows fluffed and inviting her to sleep again but the alarm clock on  the nightstand beside it kept up with its incessant buzzing having served as both a herald of mornings and a reminder of days to come.

"Wake up, my daisy... Happy morning!!!" His voice, filled with warmth and affection, interrupts her train of thought as he enters the room, an envelope clutched in his hand. His eyes, crinkling at the corners with a smile, meet hers with unwavering love.

"Happy morning, pops!!!" she exclaims, bounding towards him to envelop him in a tight embrace, the scent of his cologne mingling with the faint aroma of morning coffee.

"Wahhhh!!!! Is someone getting sentimental???" His tone is teasing, playful, yet beneath the banter lies a depth of understanding, a silent acknowledgment of the bittersweet farewell that looms on the horizon.

"You're telling me you're not... that's just cruel..." she replies, her voice tinged with a hint of melancholy, her gaze lingering on his face, etching every line, every crease into memory. "Well, my daisy... no need to be sentimental when I have a surprise for you," he says, a mischievous twinkle dancing in his eyes as he reveals the envelope he had concealed behind his back all along.

Taking the envelope from him, her fingers tremble slightly as she unfold its contents, revealing a single ticket nestled within its folds. It takes a moment for the realization to sink in. It's not just any ticket; it's his ticket. It's pops' ticket. "Pops... you're coming with me???" The words tumble out in a rush, her heart soaring with a joy she hasn't dared to hope for. 

Suddenly, the weight of the impending departure feels lighter, more manageable. With him by her side, everything seems within reach, every challenge surmountable.

"Haha... yes, darling," he murmurs, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead, the warmth of his lips against her skin sending a shiver of reassurance down her spine. In that moment, as she stand enveloped in his embrace, all doubts, all fears melt away, leaving behind only the certainty that, together, she can weather any storm, conquer any obstacle that lies ahead.

The morning light filters through the curtains, casting a soft glow over the room as they stand locked in an embrace, a father and daughter bound by a love that knows no bounds. With each passing moment, the significance of their impending journey grows clearer, yet so does the strength of their bond.

As they stand in the embrace, the room seems to hold its breath, as if aware of the weight of the moment. "You know, my little daisy," her father begins, his voice tinged with a mixture of pride and nostalgia, "I remember the day you were born. The world seemed to brighten with your first cry, and ever since, you've been my sunshine." She smiles, her eyes shimmering with unshed tears. "And you've been my rock, Dad. Through every stumble and every triumph, you've been there, guiding me with your wisdom and love." He chuckles softly, the sound a comforting melody in the stillness of the room.

 "Well, it seems like just yesterday you were taking your first steps, and now look at you, ready to spread your wings and explore the world."

"But I couldn't do it without you, Dad," she says, her voice filled with sincerity. "You've always believed in me, even when I doubted myself. And now, with you by my side, I feel like I can conquer anything."

Her father's smile widens, his eyes shimmering with unspoken pride. "That's my girl. And remember, no matter where life takes you, I'll always be here for you. You're not just my daughter, you're my greatest joy."

With those words, they hold each other a moment longer, drawing strength from the bond that unites them. In the quiet of the room, amidst the soft glow of morning light, they find solace in each other's embrace, ready to face whatever the future may hold, together.