06

Chapter 06
Lizzy

"Are you going to Portia's house after school?"

I gave Marci an apologetic smile. She instantly knew my reasons why.

"You got broad?"

"Yeah. I'll follow after I finish my video."

"It's still so weird to me that you make an audio and video news."

I chuckled in response while Marci's brows furrows at me.

"It's called radio and televised broadcasting, Marci."

"Whatever. Just go to Portia's after."

As Marci exited the lobby, I followed suit, making my way to the elevator. Stepping inside, I pressed the button for the third floor.

The senior high school building is big. It was a newer building compared to the others and was made to cater all the senior high school students. The building had a courtyard layout, housing classrooms, offices, a canteen, club rooms, a library, a music room, and a theater mainly for arts students. There were also big seminar rooms for school events.

In the center was the open courtyard, where students gathered during breaks. Amidst the busy halls and studying, you could feel the fresh breeze and bask in the sunlight. It was a favorite hangout for lunch or relaxation.

I sighed as I imagined myself walking from the north wing to the south wing. I would've just walked from my classroom to the third floor but I didn't want Marci to walk to the lobby alone and I'm sure Marci would rather follow me to the broadcasting room than let her go on her own. 

My eyes shot up when the elevator door opened on the second floor. A pair of dark eyes greeted me.

"Cate," I greeted with a smile. "Going to the broadcasting room?"

Cate simply nodded in response and went inside. 

I scooted to the other side of the elevator to give her space. I gave her a smile, but her expression remained unchanged, devoid of any emotion. The elevator door closed and silence enveloped us.

"Do you have plans after school?" I asked.

Cate turned to me, but before she could answer, the door opened. Cate gave me one last look and swiftly walked.

I tilted my head at Cate and followed her. As we walked the hallways to the club room, I gazed at Cate and observed her. She's wearing a purple Kanken bag with a My Melody key chain and a name tag key chain. I squinted my eyes to look at it.

Name: Maria Catalina Y. Abalos
Address: Minerva Street, Angelmo Gardens, 1219
City: Makati 
Phone: +63 9** **** ***

I arched my brow at the sight. Who still puts that in this day and age? It's like Cate is a dog and whoever placed that is afraid she'll get lost. 

Well, considering she lives in Angelmo Gardens, I guess her parents are really protective. That place is like where royalty lives. You've got to be really rich to live there. 

Cate and I entered the club room. I greeted everyone with a 'good afternoon!' and they responded with the same. I was immediately brought inside the studio to record the video and the audio. There was a glass where Miss Rona and Miss Tes were watching behind it while our sound engineer, Paula was together with an actual sound engineer. Paula has been on the team as long as Cate.

My eyes wandered on Cate who was sitting in the corner, silently watching, with a yellow pad paper on her lap and her hand holding a pen. Her hair is in a low bun again and her bangs have been growing since I first saw her so her full bangs now are curtain bangs.