Chapter 3: Come inside

DogDay watched as CatNap ran off back in the direction of his house.

"I didn't know that he was going to run. Me and my stupid big mouth." Bobby sighed

"It's okay, Bobby. He's just shy is all." DogDay told her, "We all have little quirks that make us embarrassed."

"Yeah, like when I actually squawk when I get scared." Kicken laughs

"And how I can't hide anything cause my tail and ears give away my true emotions." DogDay smiled, "You can go and apologize later."

"I was planning on doing that anyway." She said

"I wonder why he's so shy thought?" Bubba asked no one in particular

"We all have our own backstories and why we moved here, he has his own." Hoppy said

"That was the most DogDay-est thing you have ever said." Crafty told her

Hoppy laughed, "He's rubbing off on all of us."

"I have that effect don't I?" He laughed as well

The others joined in on the laughter.

After the picnic and helping Picky wash up. Bobby and DogDay headed to CatNap's place and knocked on the door.

It opened and when CatNap saw Bobby he hid behind the door more.

"Wait! I... I wanted to apologize for my comment. I didn't know that it was going to make you run away. I'm so sorry for pointing that out." She handed him a small wicker basket that she had in her hands

He opened the door a little more to take the basket, "Thank you. I didn't mean to run... I was embarrassed."

Bobby waved to him as she started to walk away. DogDay took this as a good sign and started to head back when voice stopped him.

"Would you like to come inside?"

He looked back to see CatNap standing outside. He couldn't say no to the adorable feline.

"I would love to." He smiled

CatNap allowed him to come inside, "I don't have a lot of things yet."

"Oh don't worry. We can always help you order some furniture and other things." DogDay told him

CatNap looked inside the basket that Bobby gave him and inside were the tarts that he liked so much. There were different flavors, he was over the moon.

"She had Picky help her make them." DogDay told him

"I have to tell both of them thank you again, don't I?"

"You don't have to. Picky loves to cook for everyone and Bobby she just wants to make sure that everyone feels included at times."

DogDay started to take a look around. He wasn't snooping, just looking at admiring what the feline has. He saw the stairs at the far end of the hall and looked back at CatNap.

"Why are the stairs so far away?" He asked him

"Oh because I don't actually need them. They'll get in my way." He said

"I don't understand."

CatNap leaped up onto the second floor and sat on the banister that keeps him from accidentally falling down, "I can just jump up here."

"Can I come up there?" DogDay asked him

"Sure."

DogDay was about to head towards the stairs when something wrapped around his waist. He looked to see CatNap using his tail to lift DogDay up onto the banister with him.

"Sorry, I should've asked!" He started to freak out

"Kitty it's okay, you just startled me is all. You must have a lot of trust in your tail to do things like that."

"People say it's a rare talent, but I've seen other people move and pick up things with their tail." CatNap explained

"Not to be that person, but you're a cat. Cats aren't known to pick up things with their tail. Monkeys can do it and a very few others I believe, but not cats. So you do have a rare talent."

"DogDay can I ask you something?" He asked getting off of the banister and moving to his bed

DogDay followed him, "You can ask me pretty much anything."

"It's two things."

"Again ask me pretty much anything." He stated again

"Why haven't you said anything about my scent?" He looked down at the blanket DogDay made for him

"What am I supposed to say? You smell like lavender, it's a nice scent. I smell like vanilla and Hoppy smells like mint. We all have our own unique scent. Why would I comment on it? That would be rude."

CatNap relaxed a bit after hearing that, "My other question is, why do you call me Kitty at times?"

DogDay rubbed the back of his neck, "That is because... Please don't be made at me when I say this. But, it's because of how shy you are around the others. You remind me of a little kid you know. Especially when you hide behind your door, or hiding behind me. You look cute and well it seems to calm you down when I say it."

CatNap took a moment to process this new information. His face slowly turned red and he hid his face in the soft blanket.

"I can stop if you want me to!" DogDay quickly added

"No, it's fine. I wasn't expecting for you to call me cute. I'm use to girls calling me cute, not... Boys." He admits

DogDay takes a seat next to CatNap on the feline's bed, "Get use to it cause everyone will be calling you cute especially me."

CatNap laid down on his bed in an attempt to hide his burning face from DogDay who laughed at the feline

After a while CatNap spoke, "DogDay?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you be my friend?"

"You didn't have to ask. I already considered you my friend, Kitty."

DogDay didn't expect for CatNap to suddenly leap up and hug him. Nevertheless the canine hugged him back. He softy ran his paw up and down CatNap's back causing the feline to purr.

He loves hearing CatNap pur. His tail wagged happily in response to the sound. Slowly CatNap's hold on DogDay loosened and DogDay pulled away from the hug to see that CatNap had fallen asleep.

He smiled to himself and laid the sleepy kitty down onto the bed and covered him with the blanket. He walked downstairs and decided to leave a note next to the basket full of tarts.

He exited CatNap's home closing the door behind himself and headed to his own home for a nap as well. As wonderful as the smell of lavender is, it can make anyone sleepy. Even someone as energetic as DogDay can be put under it's affects.