Chapter 5: Secret?

This is a time skip. It's been a year since CatNap has moved in and well... You'll see.
__________________

DogDay woke up and looked around as if he was going to spot something different, but to his surprise, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

He stretched and got out of bed shaking some of his matted up fur loose. He walked down stairs and started up the coffee machine along with making breakfast. It was a special day, well in DogDay's mind.

Today was the day that CatNap moved into the neighborhood and became better friends with everyone as well.

After eating breakfast and brushing out his fur, he walked outside. Once again Bobby was taking a picture of the Sunrise but from a different angle. DogDay has seen a few of the pictures she has taken over the years. From nature shots to candid photos of everyone in the neighborhood.

"Morning, DogDay." She greeted him after seeing examining the photo she took

"Morning to you as well Bobby." He waved to her

"Going go see your favorite kitty." She giggled

DogDay chuckled, "You know it."

Everyone knows that those two are inseparable. Whenever CatNap has a problem he runs right to DogDay. And whenever DogDay needs to calm down he goes right to CatNap.

There have been a few occasions when the other critters have seen the two of them under a tree taking a nap. With DogDay's back against the tree trunk and CatNap was stretched across the canine's lap. Bobby had taken the liberty of taking a photo or two of the small moments.

DogDay knocked on the feline's door, "CatNap are you awake?"

There was silence for a moment. DogDay was going to turn around and leave the cat to sleep when he heard the front door unlock and CatNap peeked his head out.

"Morning." CatNap yawned, "Wanna come in?"

"If you'll allow me."

CatNap opened the door more hiding behind it. DogDay walked in a smiled. CatNap had more things in his house like food, appliances, and furniture.

"Still not a fan of the sun there, Kitty?" DogDay playfully joked

"I am a fan of you." CatNap joked back

DogDay was flustered from the comment, but laughed at it anyway to avoid making the situation awkward. CatNap stretched and made himself a bowl of cereal.

"Aren't cats lactose intolerant?" DogDay asked him

"It's lactose free milk. It tastes better then actual milk. Something with ice cream and other dairy products." CatNap told him, "Want some?"

DogDay nods and opens his mouth a little, CatNap humored him and spoon fed him a bite.

"You're right." He said after swallowing the bite of cereal

After CatNap got done with breakfast and getting ready for the day. They walked out of CatNap's house together, talking about their old lives. Well DogDay was, CatNap was happy to listen.

They sat down under their favorite tree. CatNap was in his favorite spot, laying down across CatNap's lap.

Soon enough Kicken and Hoppy ran over to the two with a magazine. Even thought they live pretty far out and away from everyone, they still have access to media and news. Some of them even have TVs in their home, or a laptop, or even a phone.

"CatNap, explain yourself!" Kicken demands

CatNap yawned and looked at the magazine in the chicken's wings. His eyes widen before regaining his composure.

"That's not me." He lied

"It's has you're name in the article! Why didn't you tell us that you're practically famous? No wonder you don't know how to play or make friends. It makes sense!" Hoppy laughed

DogDay placed a paw on CatNap's back causing the feline to flinch for a mere moment.

"He doesn't have to explain himself. He came here for a reason. We all have our reasons. Unless you two wanna tell everyone and then have me tell them why you two moved here." DogDay threatened them

Kicken huffed, "That's going too far."

"Is it?" DogDay questioned

"I just want to know why he hid it." Hoppy looked down at her feet

"It's not something to brag about." CatNap got up and walked into the woods

DogDay sighs knowing that CatNap wants to be alone.

"Nice going you two." He scolded the duo

"I didn't do anything!" Kicken yelled, "He's the one hiding everything from us, people who are supposed to be his friends!"

"Everyone here is hiding shit! Even you! So don't you even start!" DogDay growled

Hoppy backed away, "Am I also in trouble with you?"

"Not as much. But I'm still mad at the both of you." He said taking a deep breath to calm himself down

"Aren't you going to go to CatNap?" Hoppy asked him

"He wants to be alone right now. If he wanted me to follow him he would've let me know." DogDay explained

Picky ran over to DogDay, "Can you come with me, I need an extra set of hands?"

DogDay got up and followed her, "So, what are you making?"

Kicken looked down at the magazine and growled in frustration, "I hate this!" He threw the magazine down into the ground

"Hey let's just forget about it, alright. Let's go plan some stupid stunts together." Hoppy told him grabbing his wing

He pulled away, "I don't get why he's so dismissive about this. He questioned me when moved here same thing with you."

"He asked us why we were doing dangerous stunts with little to no regard for our lives and told us to be a lot more safer with our stunts and tricks." Hoppy reminded him

"Well until I get some answers I'm going to pretend that neither of them exist." Kicken said walking back to his home

Hoppy sighed, picked up the magazine, and walked towards Bobby's house to talk to her about the situation. She looked at the article, more specifically the photo of CatNap.

The feline was shielding his eyes from the light that the camera produced. He looked uncomfortable and scared from the massive swarm of people surrounding him in the picture as well.

Hoppy knocked on the door, "Bobby can I talk to you?"

The bear opened the door and smiled allowing the rabbit in.