Chapter 6: I Could Not be Happier

It was all starting to feel a bit too good to be true. Life in Watergate was great so far, but I could not help this heavy feeling that I was about to have the rug ripped out from underneath me. Maybe it's the fact that I still haven't had the conversation with my dad about why I suddenly decided to move here. I just can't think about the entire situation with my mom without getting upset, because of that I don't think I'm ready to talk about it at all. My dad hasn't tried talk about it again since my first night here and I'm anxiously waiting for the day he just decides to ask me about it again.

It has been a few days since Jackson's party and everything had been amazing so far. The girls and I were really getting along and I had the best time around them. Jaden and I had been spending a lot more time together now. He would come by my place after hockey practice and we would hang out in my living room and watch a movie. Sometimes I would stay after school with the girls at cheerleading practice and wait for him to finish up and he would  drive me home. I was really enjoying spending time with him.

The girls and I were sitting in our usual spot under the tree on the field during lunch break when Kaliyah cleared her throat to catch our attention while we were in conversation. We turned our heads to her to give her our attention and she raised her head in the direction on front of us. We  all turned our heads to see what she was showing usand were met with Jayden and Jackson walking toward us. They finally reached us and Jackson was the first to sit down, Jaden followed sitting right next to me.

"Hi ladies", Jaden greeted while placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Hiiiii", the girls replied simultaneously. You could tell they were weirded out by whatever it was that was happening.

"Hi bestie", Jackson greeted with a wink.

"Hey bestie", I greeted back with a laugh. It was our thing now I guess.

"What's going guys, you miss us or something?", Jossette asked playfully.

"More like they missed Amari", Kaliyah replied. "One is trying to date her, the other is desperately trying to be her best friend".

Everyone burst into laughter.

"What's the matter Kaliyah, you don't like sharing your toys", Jackson asked laughing.

"Wait", I exclaimed, "am I the toy in question?".

"Yeah...", Jaden chimed in, "I don't appreciate my girlfriend being referred to as a toy".

"Girlfriend?", the girls and I questioned at the same time.

"Shit", he whispered under his breath.

"Very smooth bro", Jackson said chuckling at his friend's slip up.

"Wait, you guys are dating now", Jossette screeched.

"Wait what! No..." I said louder than I should. "I mean I don't think we are...", I finished looking at Jaden for an answer.

I caught small look of disappointment on his face but he quickly covered it up and replaced it with a determined one.

"I mean, I was going to ask you this question at some point but I guess I'm asking you now", he said looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Asking me what?", I ask stupidly. I knew exactly what he was asking me, I just didn't know what I wanted to say yet.

"I'm asking you to be my girlfr...", his sentence was disturbed by the ringing bell.

Literally saved by the bell, again.

"Hold that thought", I said as I stood up, grabbed my bag and practically jogged out of there.