Chapter 10

"I feel so bored..."

I've spent time putting my chin on my hand. The ultimate reason for my boredom was partly because of my mother's stay-at-home order. I'm also trying to keep the servants from finding out about my power.
Since moving here, the number of people guarding the house has increased significantly. No matter how big this mansion was, I still couldn't avoid all of their eyes. The fortunate thing was that there was no more talk about moving to the capital.

"Lisa."

"Yes, young Lady."

Among the servants, the quickest maid approached.

"Bring me some hot tea."

"Yes, please wait a minute."

Anyway, it's very convenient to have someone to do the work.
I endured the helplessness and anxiety under the guise of being relaxed until my mother returned. Only by the evening when mother returned, the helplessness and anxiety were relieved.

"...mother wants me to go to the capital?"
What I was afraid of was coming true. It was me, not my mother, who would be going to the capital?"

"Yes."

"Ah... but my power isn't manifested yet..."

I was hoping that Sir Shubart would say something about it, but damn it, Sir Shubart wasn't here today. I think he didn't come today on purpose.

"It doesn't matter. Do you have any problems?"

"N-No. That's not it..."

"I'm just trying to prepare in advance. First of all, I think you, whose face is less known, should move first. There are many people even in our family who didn't know your face."

I felt like I wanted to scream right away.

"It would be good for the first prince."

"...Pardon?"

To make matters worse, my ears were numb as soon as that person who shouldn't get involved was mentioned.
The time has come at last.

"You've developed a habit of asking back. Delkian Elova Kasinev, I hear he's solidifying his position these days."

"Really?"

"The other matters will be dealt with by Shubart and me."

"Still, the prince is..."

I rolled my brain quickly. After the first prince, there is the second prince. What my mother wants is the fall of the Emperor and Empress.
The first and second princes are all dangerous for me to handle, but I would go with the second prince if I had to choose one of them. I've already saved his life for once, so there's room to be still alive.
Should I be glad that I told him just to remember I had saved his life and make him forget the rest?

"I'm not asking you to do a lot of things. Just keep an eye on him."

"..."

"Then it will proceed naturally. Look, it's not that hard."

I wanted to say, 'Does mother think it would be that easy?' but I put up with it.

"Uh, how about the second prince instead of the first prince?"

"Why are you bringing the second prince out of nowhere?"

"Honestly, I think the second prince has more potential."

My mother laid down the fork and knife gracefully.

"Why do you think so? The Crown prince is Delkian."