II.

🔊===🔊
🎶PLAYING:🎶
ᴘʟᴀʏɢʀᴏᴜɴᴅ ʙʏ ʙᴇᴀ ᴍɪʟʟᴇʀ
🎵===🎵

THE HUMAN WORLD

THE GROUP OF six sat at a table during their lunch break, all equally mentally tired.

They all sat in a tense silence, not a single words was said.

'Just as awkward as I thought it'd be.' Thought Ashlyn, looking at her food boredly. Not having the mood to eat.

"I think we should go back to Savannah." Tyler voiced his opinion, expression tired but his tone was serious.

"I thought everyone agreed that it was too dangerous...?" Asked Logan worriedly as he averts his gaze.

"So what? We're just supposed to let things stay like they are?" Tyler argued.

"I'd rather be semi-stuck than permanently stuck." Ashlyn answered, averting her gaze before looking down, remembering Zephyr from her statement.

"Well maybe if you told us the truth from the beginning, we shouldn't be stuck at all!" Tyler barked, getting angry by the minute.

"I already explained why I didn't-" Ashlyn was about to defend herself when she was cut off by Aiden.

"Aren't you one to talk. You're the one who brushed it off as a prank. If she said anything, would you even believe her?" Aiden narrowed his eyes. "Plus, we aren't really in the place to complain. After all, comparing our situation with Zeph's, ours is basically lucky."

Taylor gulped before expressing her thoughts.

"I kinda agree with Aiden here, Ty. We spend like 7 hrs in that hellhole, running away from Phantoms and had lots of near-death experiences in just 7 hrs... But Zephyr... She was in that place 2 weeks earlier than us. So she has been surviving in there for 4 weeks..." She glanced at her food sadly. "I don't even know if she had the time to rest or at least feel safe... I know she has Artemis... But she has been alone for 2 weeks before she met us. It's a surprise she haven't gone mad yet..." Taylor averted her gaze, scratching the back of her head. "I mean, if that was me. I should've lost it in day 1."

Logan nodded hesitantly.

"That night... When we met Zephyr. If she didn't helped that time. We would've died." Logan said before shoving a spoonful in his mouth to calm his nerves.

"Well- i-it's her own fault anyways! She said it herself, she went inside the house on her own!" Tyler stubbornly argued. "If we don't go back to Savannah where this cycle begun... Then what else are we supposed to do?" Tyler asked with gritted teeth. Frustration filling his body.

Everyone just averted their gaze, they all know that all he said was true... But is it worth the risk...?

-SIGH-

Aiden sighed loudly.

"Anyways, putting Savannah aside..." Despite his usual smile, his eyes became serious as he stared at the group. "I did some research on Zephyr."

Ashlyn narrowed her eyes at him.

"Isn't that Invasion of privacy?" Ashlyn asked but Aiden merely chuckled.