CHAPTER-3

Jeonghan started the car getting ready to drive.

" Tomorrow is my last class with 'Meraki'." Joshua spoke abruptly, a small smile playing on his face, but his tone hinted at sadness.

Jeonghan stole a brief glance at Joshua. He knew exactly why his partner was sad, and he was well aware that Joshua was too stubborn to accept the reason.

Jeonghan asked, his lips forming a faint grin. "Are you sad that you won't be able to meet Seokmin?"

"Hannie, it's not just about him. I'm sad that I won't be able to teach this batch again and stop shipping me and Seokmin, he's just my student." Joshua said, gazed disinterestedly out of the window.

"He clearly has feelings for you Josh." Jeonghan said with a hint of amusement.

Joshua lightly tapped him. "Focus on driving."

Even though Joshua still denies his feelings for Seokmin, his best friend knows him better than himself.

"You are still in your denial era." Jeonghan mumbled.

A year ago:

"I'm Joshua Hong, your new cyber security trainer, and I will be supervising all of you." Joshua introduced himself with a small smile on his face. Other than his actual work teaching was something he loved the most.

"Each year, we let the new batch choose a name for themselves. Anyone with an idea for the name can step forward, write it on the board, and explain their reason behind the choice. If we have multiple names we will vote."

Following Joshua's instructions, several students wrote down names and began explaining, but one name, its meaning, and the person behind it caught his attention.

He had a softly defined jawline, his smile is one of the most captivating of all. His appearance screams cheerful and approachable.

"Hi, I'm Lee Seokmin," he says, pointing towards the board. "And the word 'Meraki' means leaving a piece of yourself in your work. Just like this word I hope everyone puts themselves wholeheartedly into their training."

As days passed, Joshua and Seokmin became close. Seokmin, who was always cheerful, gave company to Joshua whenever he was alone.

One weekend:

Joshua was in the class doing paperwork. He grumbled, "Why do I have to work on the weekend? And why is it so hot today?" Then, he heard his phone vibrate.

It was Mr James, "Yes Mr James?"

"Joshua, sorry to bother you but could you print the students data file for me?"

"Sure sir, I will print it."

After saying this, they ended the call.

As Joshua made his way to the computer lab, he heard the clik-clak sound of keyboard. "A ghost?" He mumbled to himself, a shiver running down his spine. He cautiously peeked through the door and spotted a familiar figure.

"Seokmin?" Joshua called out, his voice tinged with surprise and relief.

Seokmin jumped a little at the sudden voice. "Mr Hong! Are you finished with your work?" he asked, his hands still near his chest.

Joshua walked towards Seokmin and sat beside him. "I'm sorry I startled you. How did you know I had work today? And what are you doing here on weekend? Do yo-"

"Omg slow down, Mr. Hong. One question at a time," Seokmin chuckled at Joshua's rapid questioning.

"Well I had some work to do, but my laptop broke down. I asked Mr James if I could use the lab computer, and said you were here working, so I came. I saw you were busy, and I didn't want to disturb you, so I came here." Seokmin explained.

AGENT TOP-NOTCHजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें