Chapter 2

Year 2014 - Abel's POV

During lunchtime, a bunch of sophomores gathered on the second year's classroom. Curious, I followed them.

Abel (22, disguised with black hair): "Why are you guys here?" I ask my classmate, Lynden. "Don't you see her?", he looked at me in disbelief before pointing out the girl with red hair named Denise. Confused, I asked-"What's so special about her? Besides, isn't she your girlfriend?".

Lynden: "I know right, isn't she pretty?", he proudly smiles. Is he really letting other guys drool over his girlfriend? I don't know if he's just dumb or he unconditionally trusts her.

As the boys stared at Denise in awe, a girl with long black hair got up from her seat and walked towards the door. I couldn't see her face properly because of her bangs but something drew me in immediately.

Y/N (19): "Can you guys move? What's the point of staring at Denise when she already has a boyfriend?" she glared at the boys blocking the door, pushing each other just to glance. As the boys looked at her with displeasure, I finally managed to get closer and see her face. Long eyelashes with tired eyes. She looks so cool but what gained my attention the most is...

the book she's reading.

Flashback from a week ago
"Can I borrow some money?" Fiona (currently 15) looks at Abel with puppy eyes. "Didn't I just give you your allowance last week?" I answered in disbelief. Fiona, a genius girl I started sponsoring asked for money to buy-none other than bl books. "Pleaseee", she begs. "At this point, I'm just like a father who always gets robbed by his kids", I sighed.

"Can't you use a different anthology?" she pouts.
"I'm the one who raised you for the past 5 years kiddo".
.
.
.
"That was unexpected", I chuckled. Before I knew it, my eyes started following her. I observed her and seeing her different sides was fascinating. Her face while reading is so stiff to the point that no one would know that she's enjoying such a fucked up novel. It was pretty amusing when her cheeks puff up when someone walks behind her. Just like a magnet-I was drawn to her. Before I knew it, I sat down in the empty seat in front of her.

"What are you reading?" I asked her, smiling. Unexpectedly, she smiles back and I felt my heart fluttering.

"Pretty" I unexpectedly muttered. Embarrassed, I my head. "You don't need to be ashamed, Pr3tty-nim is a good author", she giggles.

And that's how she misunderstood me.

The next day, I found out from her that I was rumored to be gay since I rejected most girls who confessed their love for me.