Chapter 4

The following morning, Jimin sat down for breakfast and it suddenly dawned on him that he had forgotten to exchange phone numbers with Yoongi and he wasn't aware of the meeting location  Jimin had been considering Yoongi's proposal and was hopeful that he could get another opportunity to make things right.

 He spends a few moments lost in thought, thinking about the best way to approach Mr. Cassano and persuade him to sign the contract. Jimin imagines Yoongi by his side, supporting him in his efforts to convince Mr. Cassano. He wonders if he could count on Yoongi's assistance or if he would have to do it alone. Nevertheless, Jimin was determined to make this work and was ready to do whatever it took to make his dream a reality.

His mother interrupted his thoughts by handing him an envelope. Confused, he asked, "What is this, eomma?"

"Yoongi gave me this in the morning and asked me to pass it on to you. I think it might be a love letter," his mother teased, with her husband joining in the laughter. 

Without saying a word, Jimin rips open the envelope and pulls out a letter. He pulls out a neatly folded letter, feeling the weight of it in his hands. But before he can even start reading it, his father interrupts him with a mischievous grin.  

"Hey, hey, don't be so hasty. You might want to read that in private," he teases, wagging a finger at Jimin. "Who knows what Yoongi could have written? It might be something he doesn't want anyone else to see."

 Jimin rolls his eyes at his father's playful antics, but can't help feeling a twinge of curiosity. What could Yoongi have written that was supposed to be kept secret? He quickly nods in agreement, deciding to save the letter for later when he can read it in private.

Now seated in his air-conditioned office, Jimin pulls out the neatly folded letter from his pant pocket and unfolds it, staring at the contents of the letter.

Mr. Park Jimin,

I apologize for writing this letter, but I realized during dinner today that we haven't exchanged our phone numbers. I may have asked for your parent's number for my parents, but that could have complicated things. Hence, I am reaching out to you this way.

I am writing to inform you that the meeting with Mr. Cassano will take place at the Crescent Moon Hotel at 8 PM. Kindly bring your presentation with you and attend the meeting alone. It is a private matter at Mr. Cassano's request, so we must respect his wishes.

Please send your presentation to me beforehand at this number 7136008296.

Thank you.

Min Yoongi 

The CEO of Park Enterprises gazes at the letter, admiring its elegant cursive handwriting and delicate beauty. If Jimin had not been aware of the sender of the letter he could have thought that it was written by someone who had mastered the art of writing. he wrote down the number in his phone and folded the letter carefully, keeping it in his locked drawer between his prized possessions, which included a collection of rare coins and his grandfather's antique pocket watch.

He picked up his phone and saved the number, before messaging the older confirming if it was truly his number or someone else, his eyes widened, and his face curved into a smile as he instantly received a reply from the elder.

As Yoongi picks up another piece of kimbap, his mouth waters at the sight of the delicacy his mother had prepared. However, as he takes a bite, he can feel the bile rising in his throat, causing him to swallow hard. This has been going on for a few days, and with each passing day, the symptoms seem to be getting worse. He has been experiencing constant nausea, vomiting, and stomach cramps. Even the thought of food makes him feel sick to his stomach. Yesterday, he couldn't even keep down his lunch or dinner, which only added to his weakening state.

The youngest Min is aware of his parents' anxiety and concern about his elder brother's health. And thus he refrains himself from revealing anything about his own deteriorating health. Every morning, he tries to eat breakfast with his family, but the food never seems to sit right with him. 

The smell of freshly made kimbap by his mother would usually make his mouth water now makes him nauseous. He feels a knot in his stomach and a sense of unease that he can't shake off. Despite this, he tries his best to hide his condition from his parents and carry on as normal. He forces himself to eat a few bites of his plate, but the food feels heavy in his stomach. He feels dizzy and lightheaded, and he knows what is coming next. 

He quickly excuses himself from the table and rushes upstairs to his room, trying his best to control his breathing. He can feel the bile rising up in his throat, and he knows he has to act fast. He reaches the bathroom just in time and throws up the food he had just eaten. This has become a daily ritual for him, and he is becoming increasingly concerned about his own health. He feels weak and tired all the time, and he can't concentrate on his work too. 

 After calling down for a bit he descends the stairs, bids his parents and dear brother goodbye, and makes his way to his office, hoping to get some rest on his way. As he looks out of the car window, he hears a small "ting" from his phone, indicating that someone has messaged him. He picks up the phone and a smile unconsciously appears on his face. His eyes lit up as he read the message, a smile spreading across his face.

unknown

Hello, there 

This is Park Jimin I am very thankful for your proposal.

It means a lot to me.

Yoongi 

Hello,

You are welcome, I am honored to work with someone like you.

And it's my pleasure to help you.

Although short, the conversation brings a smile on their faces and their eyes lighten up, signs of love maybe, who knows?

Despite being busy with meetings and work, the two CEOs find that the remaining day drags on agonizingly slow. They are eagerly anticipating their meeting with Mr. Cassano, who could be their ticket to a billion-dollar business deal. As they dress up for the night, they realize that their excitement may not solely be attributed to the prospect of the meeting.

________________________________________________________________________________

I may revise Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 tomorrow

so don't be surprised if you see them getting republished

that's it for today

let me know in the comments if you liked it or not.