Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

Fahayra arrived at Joe and Galina's house with steely determination, not a trace of fear or hesitation in her stride as she approached the front door.

She had finally reached her breaking point with Joe's selfish scheming and was ready to expose his duplicitous double life once and for all.

When Joe opened the door, shock flashed across his face at the sight of his tenacious mistress standing firmly on his doorstep.

He had never imagined Fahayra would actually show up at his home and have a confrontation with his wife.

"You came?" He stammered incredulously as Fahayra brushed past him into the foyer, a mysterious manila folder clutched in her hand.

"Yeah, I told you I was tired of the games, Joe. It ends today," Fahayra declared, her voice sharp and unwavering.

Joe's eyes darted nervously to the folder, anxiety rising within him. "What's that?" he asked with a gulp.

"Nothing, it's for Galina," Fahayra replied cryptically, a sly smirk playing at the corner of her mouth.

The two stood in tense silence until Galina entered the room and gasped at the revelation of her husband's duplicity now staring her straight in the face.

As the pieces rapidly fell into place, the veil lifted from Galina's eyes - all the sneaking around, unexplained absences, and thinly-veiled lies now made sense.

Joe had been conducting a full-blown affair with his high school ex right under Galina's nose. Then the most shocking truth of all crashed over Galina like a tidal wave when she realized the children that Fahayra had were Joe's love children.

The life she thought she knew came crumbling down around her. Though Galina had hoped to calmly confront the mistress, this went far beyond a simple tryst. Joe had constructed an elaborate web of deception with Fahayra, betraying Galina in unimaginable ways.

In a gesture of compassion, Fahayra handed Galina the meticulously prepared folder containing irrefutable evidence chronicling every sordid detail of their relationship with Joe over the years.

Overwhelmed and fighting back tears, Galina could only mutter in disbelief at the magnitude of Joe's betrayal. As Galina sat with Fahayra and pored over the contents of the folder - documents, photos, chronologies - the twisted saga became even clearer. Joe could only look on silently, knowing his house of cards was collapsing for good.

Though Fahayra had knowingly played the villainess role in wrecking Galina's life, Galina realized she could not even blame the other woman. Joe was the sole author of this tragedy through his pathological selfishness and compulsive lies.

He had masterfully orchestrated a complex double life at the expense of all those who loved him.

As the two devastated women now realized they had both been victimized by Joe's callous machinations, his web of deceit finally lay in tatters around them.

Joe walked into the living room, interrupting Galina and Fahayra's moment of reflection and causing a tense confrontation.

He chuckled bitterly, asking if they were teaming up against him, clearly expecting the two women to be at each other's throats after learning of his infidelity.

However, he had severely underestimated their emotional intelligence. Rather than succumbing to anger and trying to tear one another apart as Joe anticipated, Fahayra and Galina had talked through their feelings and agreed it was best to remove themselves from the situation entirely.

Rolling her eyes at Joe's provocation, Fahayra stated bluntly that she and Galina had agreed to stay away from him.

Scoffing in disbelief, Joe insisted he wasn't leaving, but Galina calmly explained they knew he would resist, which is why the women had decided to be the ones to leave.

Chuckling sardonically, Joe questioned where they thought they were going. Galina simply said "somewhere to think."

Though still hurt and unhappy with each other, Fahayra and Galina realized they would be better off anywhere but there with Joe.

So Fahayra had invited Galina to her vacation home in Malibu to get away and process everything. Galina agreed, needing time and distance from Joe to reflect on what she should do next.

Joe was shocked by their sudden solidarity. As Fahayra stood up to leave for the airport, she told Galina she would meet her there, and Galina confirmed she would have the nanny drop the kids at Joe's house. Watching them coordinate like old friends left Joe stunned. 

As Galina went upstairs to pack, Joe followed, questioning if she really thought she could be buddies with Fahayra now.

Galina dismissively said no, she just wanted to understand what made Joe do what he did. Shaking his head, Joe insisted he loved Fahayra, but Galina said she knew, and that was exactly why she had to get away.

Joe gave up. "Fine" Joe said, watching Galina walk away. "Do whatever you want," He added.

"I will," Galina called out over her shoulder.