Chapter 6

"The dinner is ready, Emperor." a servant said. She's wearing a simple maid's uniform. Combination of black and gold. Black is more dominating than the other color but it was a good fashion combination.

"Let's go, Heather." aya ni lolo and gestures for me to follow Lucas. Sumunod na lang ako and as expected their dining room was elegant and sumptuous.

It was like a banquet hall because it had luxurious meals on the table. I also don't know what's with the food. They were like celebrating a feast. Maybe it's normal for them since they are filthy rich.

"Is there a feast or is it just normal here?" I asked. Narinig ko ang pagtawa ni Lucas and I wasn't happy.

"It is to welcome you to the family." he said. I frown, welcoming to the family?

"Pardon?"

"We are welcoming you to the family." he cleared. "You are part of this family because you are a Morales." he added. Napatingin ako kay lolo at mabilis naman siyang nag-iwas ng tingin.

"Umm, I'm a little uncomfortable." I frankly said because it was what I feel right at this moment.

Nakita ko kung paano magbago ang aura ni Lucas. Natahimik ito, ganun din si lolo.

"You can welcome me but I think they don't need to know that I'm a real Morales." I said and smiled. Nakita ko kung paano ngumiti si lolo.

"Sure. Have a seat then." he said and pulled a chair for me to sit beside him.

"Why?" tanong ni Lucas.

"I don't want to startle them." I said. He just looked at me. "And I want them to be comfortable with me. I'm fine with them bullying me. That's more comfortable for me." I added. Nakita ko ang pagtaas ng kilay niya.

"If that's what you say so." he said while nodding.

"Good evening, emperor, sir Richard." bati ni Trixie. She even salutes. It may be their sign of respect. Lucas was an ex-soldier. He was good at holding guns.

Umupo si Trixie sa harap ko. Bakante ang upuan sa harap ni lolo na malapit sa upuan ni Lucas. Lucas was like the padre de pamilya. He held power, of course it's his territory and he ruled this organization.

Dumating na din ang iba. They also greet Lucas and lolo with their salutes. Some are familiar but there are unfamiliar faces. They are teenagers like me. And I don't know what they are doing here. Serving this organization of course. I want to shake my head in to disagree but what can I do?

I don't know what really is going on between the families to do such unbelievable things like this. Recruiting teenagers to train like a soldier just to fight with the other mafias.

Pumasok na din sina Mika at tumabi sila kay Trixie. The seat beside Trixie is really empty. Who owns that seat?

"This banquet is prepared for Heather Morales or I should clear that Heather Lee." Lucas said. Ngumiti lang ako sa kanila. "She will be joining the organization. This is like a welcome party for the new member of the family." they called each other family? Well, I guess so.

"Welcome, Heather." sabi naman ni lolo. They all welcomed me but Mika and her friends were just quiet but Mika was glaring at me.

"Welcome." Trixie said. She's mysterious to me. I don't know but I have a weird feeling, it wasn't our first time meeting each other.

"Let's eat and celebrate." sabi ni Lucas.

Kumain na ang lahat. I heard my phone vibrates inside my pocket. Using my left hand I bring it out and look at the screen. It was Monteverde. Nakita ko din na palowbat na ako kaya naman hinayaan ko na lang na magshut down mag-isa.