THE SECRET UNKNOWN

MARTIN

Class schedule? Check.

Locker number? Check.

Locker keys? Check.

I got all the necessary stuff I needed  from the principal and was heading to the class I had to go to.

Fine, now is the time to check who is the prey and where she will be and how she looks. I opened my very important file that contained every single information about her. I opened the file to find some timetables in beautiful handwriting. But that was not what I was expecting to see. I carefully read it, thinking that it was some timetable which said how I was supposed to make my moves. However, it was just a class schedule.

Why is a class schedule here? I randomly flipped the pages to find a clue. As a result, I saw a name on the last page, Alora Oswitch. I was bewildered to see all this when the first bell rang, indicating that I was left with just a few more minutes so that I was not late for my class. Thus, I kept it in my locker, not knowing what to do with that.

I entered my allotted class and found a cosy space for myself. Not as soon as I entered, the teacher also made his way to the class.

“Hello, champs! New academic year, right? Maybe it will bring many more new opportunities to you all."  The teacher announced. On the other hand, all the children were either yawning or just talking to themselves.

“This happens every day, new here?” the boy next to me queried.

“Umm... yeah,” I replied as cheerfully as I could.

“Hm. It's ok, just get used to these dramas.” He said looking at me. “By the way, I am Adrian Brown.” He added.

“Martin Hashwig,” I told him.

“Oh! I just noticed we have a newbie. C’mon, introduce yourself.” I heard the teacher saying. Great, just great. The last thing I want to do is introduce myself in front of the whole class.

I went and stood in front of the class and said, “I am Martin Hashwig, same as age you’ll.”

I saw the teacher blinking a little and asked me, “That’s it?”

“Ahh. yeah?” I replied.

“O-oh good, okay.” The teacher said, clearly confused.  I just gave him a nod in response.

Later that day, I came to know that the teacher’s name was  Mr. Johansson. Otherwise, the day was super dry and a lame day.

I went back home with Alora’s file. I still didn’t find who she was.

ALORA

I was enjoying the scene outside. Anyone could see the playground from here, students playing while the birds chirping, a gentle breeze brushing my skin.

This is Life…

I was enjoying all of this when I heard Mr Johansson calling out a ‘new’ student Gosh, I expect it’s not that boy I bumped into a few minutes ago.

“I’m Martin Hashwig, the same age as you all.”

Why? Why is it him? Of all the people here, why him? And look at that attitude.

After the class, during the lunch hour, I spoke to Sapphire about the collision.

“Alora! See I was right, no one can see you in the crowd. Grow up, kid!". She exclaimed. She just loves teasing me, especially about my height.

“Look I am not that short, get it?”

"Yeah! Yeah!" She added sarcastically.

After lunch, everything was quite normal, except for the fact that my dear friend could not answer a single question. This newbie is exceptionally smart. Of course, Sapphire did not like that. I was getting addicted to that vexed look on her face.

I went back home, all exhausted and just flopped on my bed.