This time

There are moments that the words don't reach
There is suffering too terrible to name
You hold your partner as tight as you can
And push away the unimaginable

The moments when you're in so deep
It feels easier to just swim down
He decides to move uptown
And learns to live with the unimaginable

Nico gripped Naomi's hand. Tears stained her cheeks. She held a bouquet of white roses in her left hand, holding his with her right. Hazel was on his other side, her arm looked through his. She smiled sadly and encouragingly as they stood.

Nico knew Will had already passed into the Underworld. He had been granted Elysium, and Nico figured his father had something to do with it. He would choose to be reborn, try for the Isles of the Blest. He deserved it, like the others there.

The casket lowered into the ground, and Nico took a deep breath shakily. A tear rolled down his face. Will had been sick for years. It was his time, and Nico knew that. He knew his father had tried his best to preserve Will's life, but Nico insisted he let his fate go decided only by the Fates themselves. He had known what that meant, but he couldn't stand to see Will in such pain anymore. He knew it was what was best.

But of course it was still hard.

This time though, he knew he wasn't alone. Hazel, Frank, and their 3 month old Ruby were his surviving family, along with Percy, Annabeth, and their nearly 6 year old twins. Naomi moved to New York to be with Will in his last year, and Nico and her had grown closer. They promised to have tea once a week. Piper was there too, with Shel and their cats. They promised that Nico could come over to play with the kittens any time he wished.

Will's death wasn't like the others. Nico barely remembered Maria's death, though he still had memories of her. Bianca's passing had crushed him, but he'd come to accept it. He had forgiven Percy a while ago. Jason was another story, but Nico had accepted his leaving. Nico had felt so alone for so long.

Until Will.

And now he was gone too. But Nico was prepared this time. And this time,

he was going to be okay.

Of course it hurts, because he no longer has his sunshine. But he knows it's what best.

*Nico's toast to Will at the wake*
"Hi everyone. I'd like to thank you for being here. I know he loved all of you and he'd want you all here. Will was so...bright. And he made everyone's day instantly, at the very least he made mine each day. I've had lots of deaths in my life, and I've been afraid to come close to people. But Will has taught me about life and death, more than my father ever could. He has taught me what life is. He used to say that a thing wasn't beautiful because it lasted. Everything must die, and that's the beauty of life. The experience, and the sheer risk of it all. And even after death, he's still teaching me and even helping me cope."

Heyyyy (don't kill me)
The toast is a lil random but yeah I didn't feel like writing the whole funeral bc I only have memory of one funeral and I'd rather not relive it so soon.
The lyrics in italic at the top are from  "it's quiet uptown" (Hamilton)
Love y'all and please keep reading and voting
ALSO GIVE ME IDEAS
I'm currently working on a trans!Will au, which someone suggested/requested. Might me him deaf/hard of hearing as well...

Idk

give me ideas.

Love you
Kian