Chapter 28 - Hug (Part 4)

Arien and Arjen's POV-

Arien and Arjen looked at the affectionate display in front of them, before turning to look at each other. Arjen smirked, an idea forming in his head. Then, without hesitation, he turned toward Lloyd with open arms and adorable pleading eyes.

Their older brother, who could not resist cute things, turned even redder while leaning down to pick up the boy.

Arjen leaned over to whisper in his younger brother's ear.

"As expected, cute things like you cheer me up."

He smiled at the redness creeping onto Arden's cheeks.

Alec laughed at the sight of the three. He looked down at Arien, who was sitting in his arms.

"How cute! Don't you agree, Arien?"

Arien nodded in response, but her mind was elsewhere. Then, she tugged on her second brother's sleeve.

"Alec..can you and the crown prince leave us alone for a minute?"

The older boy nodded in understanding, smiling gently as he put her down on the bed. He then walked over to Lloyd.

"It seems like the triplets want to be left alone for a while. Shall we go, brother?"

"Yes.."

Lloyd placed the siblings he had been holding in his arms onto the bed beside their sister, before leaving the room with Alec.

-

Once they were sure the two were gone, Arien and Arjen both turned toward Arden and wrapped their arms around him. They leaned close, snuggling into the comfortable embrace of their adorable youngest.

"Let's stay like this for a while...okay?"

"Mhm..."

The three hugged for a while, simply enjoying each other's company. When Arien and Arjen were both ready, they broke the hug and looked at each other affectionately.

Arden held their hands in his, his face serious.

"Arien, Arjen...why were you sad?"

The room was silent for a moment. Then, slowly, Arien began to cry.

"Waah...Is being born really that much of a mistake?"

Arden wrapped his arms around her cautiously, and Arjen began to explain.

"We overheard some nobles saying...saying that we were better off dead..."

The coldness of the younger boy's voice was terrifying.

"They said what?"

[326 words]

It's been so long since I've last updated! I've been caught up with school and tests, so I haven't had time to write more chapters. I'll try to update more frequently to make up for the lost time. I hope you enjoy!