Chapter 16

Austral's POV

We were called downstairs, me and Mela walked down the steps, well she ran down the steps in front of me and jumped the last two stairs, showing off her stair jumping skills.

We walked into the living room, to see Lawrence, Elise, and Aiden in there, waiting for us

"Mela, go outside and play with the other girls while we talk, okay?" Elise told Mela who nodded and went outside to play.I uncomfortably stood in the living room, with their eyes on me.Silence came upon us until Lawrence asked me to sit down.I sat down on the chair, that was away from Aiden who didn't look very happy that I sat away from him, I didn't like it either, but I had to act uncomfortable around them, even though I have known them since I was 13.

"My name is Luna Elise of Origaith Pack, you already know my son Aiden and my mate Alpha Lawrence." Elise told me and I slowly nodded

"We are going to leave you two alone so you guys can get to know each other better." Elise stated after sometime and they both left the room.Deja vue went over me, this is like how I first met them, weird.Aiden scooted a little closer to me on the couch while I had my eyes casted downward onto the glass table in front of me that held a vase full of flowers along with the remote to the TV in the corner of the room.

"May I ask your name?" Aiden snapped me out of my gaze looking around the room.Crap, now I need to think of a good name... Not Hema or Oria... I know what to name myself now!

"Lilac..." I whispered, but knew he heard it

"That's a nice name, never heard of it before." He told me, but to me and my wolf, we didn't like the compliment he was giving us since it wasn't our real name.I nodded, twiddling with my thumbs

"I know this is hard for you, but this is hard for me too.Both of us getting a second chance to have a mate again and all." He stated

"I-I know, it just feels.. Weird." I stated, my voice quiet

"How does it feel weird?" He asked me and I shrugged

"I guess... Because I haven't felt the bond in a long time so now, it feels, foreign to me." I told him, this was the truth, not a lie, I wasn't used to being in the same room as him as I used to be

"I get it, right now, I'm just glad that you are here with me now." He moved closer to me

"Why do you keep moving closer to me?" I asked him, my voice becoming a little louder as I got more comfortable with him

"Just feeling the need to be close to you is all." He told me, a little angry that I asked him such a 'stupid' question

"Sorry..." I stopped twiddling my thumbs, and looked up at him.Sandy wanted to be close to him, wanted to close the distance between us, but, I just, couldn't do that, I really wanted to, but I'm scared of hurting him like I did many years ago.

He moved closer to me and I slouched back into the chair.He moved closer to me again, until he was practically sitting on the edge of the couch cushion.Me almost bring engulfed by the cushion of the chair.He reached a hand out towards me and I turned my head away from him, if I get to close to him, I might hurt him.

He moved my dyed dark hair out of my face, I felt his finger tips lightly glide over my fore head making tingles feel there from the bond.He put the locks behind my ear and gently placed a kiss on my temple, that is when I couldn't take it anymore, I wanted to be close to him.Without a slight hesitation, I hugged him, him quickly reacting to my hug by wrapping his arms around me, burying his face into my hair.

It felt so nice to be in his arms again, my wolf purred in delight while I snuggled closer to him

"I'm going to protect you, I'm not going I make a mistake again." There was a possessiveness in his tone, and the last part sounded like he was saying that to himself, and I knew why.

(Time Skip to night)

"You can stay in this room dear." Elise told me, smiling kindly at me.When I entered, it was my old room.Nothing was changed, not even the bed sheets but they smelled clean and fresh, and new.There wasn't a speck of dust on the floor or tables and knickknacks I used to collect.They kept this place in good condition, explaining why Mela didn't take my room, it was set out as a reminder for them like the billboard was.

"Aiden sometimes sleeps in this room to call himself down, but I think he won't be needing to do that for quite a while when you're here with us." She told me, I now noticing the fair scent of Aiden lingering in the room.I nodded and she left to go and get Mela ready for bed while I set my old bag down on the bed.It was silent for a while, so I knew this was a good time to contact Dad.I walked towards the bathroom and made sure no one was in it before entering and locking the door behind me.I sat on the toilet seat, and mind linked Dad, my power giving me more reach to communicate with him.

'Dad, I'm here.'

'What happened so far?'

'Sandy going crazy over Aiden like a school girl and, I found out that Aiden has a little sister named Mela." I told him, looking around to make sure no one was eavesdropping or waiting for me to get out and use the toilet

'So I see, Aus, I'm sorry to bring this up but, there is bad news.' He told me

'What is it?' I asked him, concerned

'That-'

"Lilac?Are you in there?" I jumped when I heard Aiden's voice

'Dad, I gotta go, tell me later.' I blocked the link with him and flushed the toilet, I pet the water run for a few seconds before turning it off and drying my hands even though they were already dry.I unlocked the door and opened it to see Aiden waiting there for me

"You have been in there for 15 minutes, is everything alright?" He asked me worried.I stared at him and nodded.He has become a stalker

"Okay, Umm, night Lilac." Aiden told me and I nodded.I slightly brushed past him and he abruptly gave me a side hug

"We will get to know each other better in the morning, is that alright with you?" He asked me, his hot breath fanning on my ear.I nodded, Sandy wanting him to mark us since he was so close to my neck.But I can't let him, and won't let him mark us.I headed to bed and searched through drawers of my old dresser, in search of pj's since I had none.But I stopped when I found a photo, tears welled up in my eyes.It was of a grave, with my name on it.A year slipped down my cheek and fell to the ground, that night, I could hardly sleep.

-----------------------------------------------