I Take Interest (Mike Zacharias x Reader)

Holy shit, this took forever. Yeah, sorry! ;-; I was having writer's block on this since I didn't really have a plot planned out. Anyways, I think this turned out somewhat okay! Also, Mike is such an underrated character. ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ) 

It was a typical day at the mess hall with people hanging out in their groups. You typically hung out with Sasha, Connie, Jean, Armin, Eren, and Mikasa. "What's 6 inches long, two inches wide, and drives women crazy?" You asked Connie with a smirk. "Oh my lord (y/n)," Connie chuckled rolling his eyes. "What?" "A 100 dollar bill!" You exclaimed laughing at the baldy. "Oh god," Jean groaned at you. Eren laughed, Armin blushed, and Mikasa had no emotion on her face.

From afar at the table where the squad leaders ate Mike watched his beloved cadet, you. Mike found you attractive, and loved your personality. You were a person who could keep anyone happy, and you were a fairly strong soldier. "I see you eyeing someone!" A hyper voice interrupted Mike's thoughts. "Mmmh Miiikkkee likes a cadet!" "Shut up, Hanji," Mike replied glaring at the brunette. "Don't deny it! I see you!" Hanji squealed. "Fine, fine," Mike grumbled, not enjoying being confronted to being attracted to a person of lower rank in the Survey Corps.

"Who is it who is it who is it?" Hanji questioned. "Nobody," the quiet man replied.

"I don't believe you! Levi, help me!"

"Why am I in this?"

"BECAUSE MIKE LIKES SOMEONE IN THIS ROOM AND I WANT TO KNOW WHO IT IS!" Hanji hollered at the top of her lungs.

Cadets looked at the table where Mike was blushing like crazy, Levi groaned obviously annoyed, and Hanji looking like nothing bad happened. Trainees around the room whispered looking at the squad leader curiously, and girls murmured things about how attractive he was with most disagreeing saying that Levi was more attractive.

"Whoever Mike likes could be anyone here (Y/n)!" Sasha exclaimed looking distressed. "Yes, I can see that, Sasha," You responded in a bored tone. "What if it's me?!" She panicked. "Dude, your just a foodie. I don't think a squad leader would exactly go for someone like you." "Oh, yeah!" You mentally face palmed yourself at Sasha's stupidity.

"I wonder who Mike really likes," You thought resting you elbow on the table. You looked over at the table where he sat with the other squad leaders. When your eyes turned over to him, both your eyes met. Mike raised his eyebrows at you. You averted your eyes away and blushed.

Oh god he's looking at me...

"Shut up!" Levi stood up and screamed at everyone. "Tch, don't you know it's fucking rude to get involved in someone's love life like Jean and Armin fucking in the middle of the night!?" "We didn't Levi!" Jean yelled. Snickers from around the room could be heard. "See? What you guys are doing doesn't concern you, it only concerns Mike and shit." Levi sat down and glanced over at you. "It's (y/n), isn't it?" He thought. "Oh well. I always have Eren."

Time Skip By The Song If You Were Gay~

It was in the middle of the night, and Mike couldn't sleep. He rolled his body over and sighed. "I can't believe what happened with Hanji," He groaned. He remembered meeting your (e/c) eyes with his and the way you turned you eyes to avoid contact. Mike blushed remembering when he raised his eyebrows at you. Was it flirting? He didn't know.

In the dorms~

"I can't sleep," you mumbled. "Nanaba, wake up!"

"What is it (y/n)?"

"I can't sleep."

Nanaba sighs and chuckles at me. "Why can't you sleep?" I sat up and began to explain. "So, you know what happened at lunch, right?" "Yeah," Nanaba responded. "Well, I think that Mike likes me?" You squeaked. Nanaba smiled. "You guys would be a great couple!" You blushed think about it.
"I don't know what your talking about..."