chapter 15

Sadly, I didn’t get to sleep in the next day. At 8 am Jacks was yelling at Brock about God only knows what. Knowing I wasn’t going to get anymore sleep I got up and headed downstairs just in time to be hit by a pillow. Once the pillow hits my face, silence ensues. The pillow falls down and I just stare at it with a blank expression. All the guys look at me, terrified of what I’m going to do. I just look back up at them and sigh.

            “What happened?” I ask, bored.

            Jacks points at Brock. “He took my blanket and I was freezing all night.” He whines.

            I start to feel my temperature rise. “So you decided to yell early in the morning and fight it out with pillows instead of just sucking it up?” I ask Jacks.

            Jacks gulps.

            “W-well, it was really cold last night and the floors aren’t that comfortable either so I didn’t get great sleep.”

            “So you decided to be a little baby about it and throw a tantrum?”

            Jacks doesn’t answer. He just looks scared.

            I just turn around and before I head in the kitchen I say, “Childish.”

            I walk away as I hear Jacks saying he’s not a child and the others cleaning up. I start up some coffee just as Tristan comes in. He goes straight to the fridge, opens it and looks at all of the food. He looks up at me before going back to staring at the fridge. He seems to be contemplating something before grabbing a few items. He goes to the counter and starts searching through the cabinets.

            “What are you doing?”  I ask, curiously.

            “I’m looking for your pans so I can-Ah Ha!” Tristan takes out a pan and puts it on the stove.

            “Are you… cooking?” I ask in disbelief.

            Tristan looks at me. “And why do you seem so surprised?” He asks.

            “Well I thought you had a wife so I assumed she just cooked all of your meals.”

            “As much as I loved the woman, she couldn’t cook for the life of her.”

            Tristan shivers at the memories and I giggle. I move closer to see what he has on the counter and realize he’s making eggs, bacon, and toast. Simple but delicious. I start to help him but he just shoos my hands away.

            “Why can’t I help?” I whine.

            “Because you, my dear, deserve to relax and let your prince take care of you.” He says.

            I cross my arms, sit down on a chair and pout. A few minutes later Jacks comes in and sits next to me while watching Tristan cook. I turn to him.

            “Finished?” I ask.

            He just nods as he continues to watch Tristan cook. I decide not to yell at him more and also continue to watch Tristan as he hums a tune to himself. After about 10 minutes of soft humming, Jacks decides to speak up.

            “Hey Anna?” He asks.

            “Yes?”

            “How did you get Cassy?” He asks.