5. Breaking boundaries

[RECAP: Matt and Cara enjoyed a wonderful date, even though they're having to keep things discreet.]

They got a taxi back to the hotel. Matt sat in the back with Cara, and neither of them spoke. Cara was boiling with nerves in case he made a move. She knew she would have to decline but she wasn't sure how that might go.

She started as she felt his hand move over hers. He made no other move, he just held her hand until they were back at the Pavilion hotel. After he paid the driver he walked with her back into the lobby.

"I'm not going to ask you to come up for a nightcap because it would be blatantly obvious I didn't just want a drink," he said. "But I would like you to come up. I don't want this evening to end just yet and it's not private here."

Cara didn't want the evening to end either. For a moment she wavered, feeling as though she was on one side of a line that probably shouldn't be crossed.

"I can come up for a bit," she said.

They went up in the elevator to his floor, which was higher up than hers. He opened the door and ushered her in.

Like her room it was immaculate. The sheets taut and pristine over the bed. Anything that Matt might have left strewn around was tidied away by the chambermaids.

He had a sea view from his balcony, the same as hers, and she went over to the window to look at the ocean. The moon shone silver on the waters.

She felt him step behind her. His arms went around her and for a moment they stood there.

Then he turned her towards him, wordlessly, and brushed a curl of hair off her face.

The next moment his lips were on hers, hard, urgent. She felt her body swoon into his kiss almost like a kind of relief. His tongue was probing her, exploring her and she reciprocated.

Cara was glad that the room was dark. He hadn't turned any lights on, the only illumination came from lights outside and the moon over the ocean.

Her head was swimming. She was alone with this man in his room, it was clear where things were leading.

And she wanted him badly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To find out what happens between Cara and Matt, please see the full scene in the Mature-rated companion story, Man of the Match: Intimate Scenes. Just click the [External Link] button below right.

Because this one does get just a little steamy... ;)