11. Parting

[RECAP: Matt has told Cara that he wants to see her again when they're both back in England.]

Cara woke up in Matt's arms the next morning for the final time.

He was already awake, watching her. "Good morning." Then he kissed her, and made love to her slowly and languidly. For once they actually had some time, as she didn't need to leave the hotel until mid-morning and his flight was later in the afternoon.

"I'm going to miss this," he told her. "It will be your fault if my game suffers."

Cara laughed. "Are you superstitious?"

"No. But you've been good for me."

Good for more than just his game though. For his peace of mind. For his happiness.

Cara didn't believe him about his game. After all he was a professional sportsman. But it was nice that he said it.

He showered with her. She loved the feel of his hands over her body, underneath the running water. They only kissed this time but it felt perfect.

She tried to commit his body to memory. She closed her eyes, trying to remember the shape and feel of his chest, arms and shoulders with her hands.

Matt turned her round to face the shower wall and ran his fingers over her shoulder blades and down her back. He cupped her buttocks, massaging them with his thumbs. He had such strong, firm hands.

Cara could feel the effect he was already having on her body, yet again.

"One more time. Then I'll let you go, I promise," he said.

"I'll miss my flight."

"You won't. I'll drive you to the airport myself if you need."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To find out what happens between Cara and Matt, please see the full scene in the Mature-rated companion story, Man of the Match: Intimate Scenes. Just click the [External Link] button below right

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I hope it goes well. The rest of the series," Cara said as they dried themselves off with the hotel towels. She meant him, of course. She would be happy if England won, for his sake, but it didn't really matter to her either way so long as Matt did okay.

"So long as the boys keep it together, we'll be fine." And if he did, of course. He had been seriously distracted this week but it hadn't done him any harm. There was nearly a week between this test finishing and the next starting. Such a waste that his distractions couldn't continue...

Cara had done most of her packing the previous evening before the party. She only had to pull on jeans and a comfortable top for travelling. It was a long journey to the airport and then twelve hours in the air. She wasn't looking forward to it.

Matt wanted to help take her suitcase downstairs, but they still had to be discreet. So she called a porter and Matt hid out of sight until he had gone.

"I really wish you were coming on the rest of the tour," he said.

The sincerity in his eyes made her wish she could manage it somehow, but it wasn't possible with her studies. And the risk of them being caught would simply escalate.

He kissed her. For the last time, before she left him. "I will call you when I'm back in England. I promise. I meant what I said last night, I want to see you again."