||Thirty||

His fingers were all I felt when I woke up.

They touched the bare skin on my back lightly, tracing invisible lines down my side and unrecognizable shapes at the base of my spine.

I shivered, twisting around to face him.

He leaned against his hand and said, "Good morning."

Green eyes were my new favorite thing. Screw tea.

I remember thinking, this is all I need now and nothing else.

"Morning."

"What do you want to do today?"

I groaned, moving closer to the warmth of his body. "Nothing."

He smiled, climbing over me so I had to look up at him. "Breakfast?"

"Only if I can have it in bed."

"What happened to that warm shower?"

"Can it be a bath instead?"

He chuckled, his voice still a bit raw from waking up. "Let me guess, you want bubbles with that?"

I hummed. "How'd you know?"

He ran his fingers through my hair and I relaxed against the sheets as he leaned in. I tilted my chin up, meeting his lips with my own.

"I'll get the breakfast and run the bath, you can stay here if you want."

"I can help," I said.

He grinned. "Cute, but it's obvious you just want to stay in bed."

I grumbled, but made no move to get up.

I wrapped the covers around, snuggling beneath the soft fabric.

"Pancakes okay with you, sir?" he teased.

I rolled my eyes but nodded. "With chocolate syrup."

"Yes, sir."

I grinned, watching him climb out of bed and my eyes instantly fell to the boxer briefs he was wearing.

My cheeks flushed, and I buried my head under into the sheets to hide my reaction.

I could hear Ian laughing as he walked off, and sighed to myself. It wasn't something I hadn't seen before, anyway.

The scent of pancakes spread across the apartment and I took in a deep breath of it, my stomach rumbling as I tried not to imagine the delicious taste of vanilla and the smooth texture of chocolate syrup I would have on top.

Ian was back in a few minutes, still in his underwear, as he set a tray of food by the door before setting up the bubble bath.

I slowly climbed out of bed, tugging on a pair of sweats I found as I moved towards the tray.

"I thought you're saving that for the bath."

Ian stood behind me, leaning against the archway that separated the bedroom and bathroom with his arms crossed and a smirk on his lips.

"I'm hungrier than I thought."

His eyes fell to the sweats I wore and his smirk turned into a genuine smile.

I looked away. "Is the bathtub ready?"

"Aha."

His voice was getting closer to me, and I soon felt his arms wrapping around me from the back as he pressed a few kisses into the skin on my shoulders, causing my stomach to ache and not from the lack of food.