Chapter Eighteen: 99 Problems

It was two nights ago that Vic told me that he wanted to die. I hated self-harm for so many different reasons. 

Flashback

"Danny, what are those?" I asked, innocently, tugging at Danny's sleeves. He blushed. 

"Ahh...they're nothing, Terra." he whispered. They were red marks on his pale skin. I frowned. 

"Danny..." I started but he shook his head. 

"Terra, please..." he said, pulling away from me. "I have my reasons." My stomach twisted. 

"I respect that," I said carefully. "Just please, don't leave me baby." I pleaded. Danny smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. 

"Wouldn't dream of it, baby." 

Flash forward

Tony leaned across the table and smiled at me. 

"How are you doing, Terra?" he asked gently. It was just us today. Vic, Jaime, and Mike were out and about. 

"I'm good." I told him. Tony looked at me with an eyebrow raised. 

"I saw Danny." Tony said seriously. "I saw his arms, Terra. You must've too." he sighed and rubbed his face. "You can't be okay with it,"

"I'm not." I muttered. "It's his reasons. I'm not getting involved. He already told me not to." 

Tony looked at me curiously. "I think you should at least talk to him. It's a serious addiction." 

"I understand." I sighed. "I don't know how to help him." 

Tony sighed louder. "I had to get help from Jaime." he said, looking weary. "Jaime found out and sat me down and that was my wake-up call. Vic's, however, was bigger than mine. He had to get help from both Jaime, Mike, and me." I looked up and stared at him. 

"You used to cut?" I whispered. Tony nodded carefully. 

"My depression was really bad. It got to the point where I tried to kill myself almost every night." he smiled painfully. "But I got better." 

"And what about Vic?" I asked softly. Tony got a weird look on his face. 

"He's doing...better..." He muttered. "Like I said before, it's a serious addiction." Then he shook his head. "You'll have to talk to him about that though. I want you to help danny get better, though. So I'll call Vic so you can come up with a plan." 

I blushed. "Wait," I started. "What if-" 

"Vic's pretty open about these subjects." Tony replied, sending a text to Vic. "He wants to help others too. He's also in the process of it himself. So...I think it will be good if you talk to him about this." He patted my arm. "This is good."