Epilogue - The Phoenix Initiative

Summer vacation. Finally. The school bell rang as the seniors tearfully said goodbye to one another. They would all be going their separate ways and attending either the same or different colleges across the US.

But for Nick Santiago and Raven Gonzales, their summer fling was just getting started.

The two lovers walked out of their final class hand-in-hand as the students walked past them towards the open door. They were soon-to-be juniors.

"So, now that Phoenix is finally gone and we won't have to deal with the AAO ruining our summer... What do you wanna do for our first date?" Raven asked as she smiled at Nick. They came up a stoplight before she pressed the crosswalk button.

Nick thought for a second before answering. "Hmm... how about a picnic in the park?" He then watched as the lights changed from green to red before crossing the street.

Raven smiled and nodded as they came up to their street. "It feels nice having a normal life. Well, for now, anyways," she said before kissing Nick on his cheek. "Oh, before I forget, my birthday's coming up in a few weeks. You know what I'd really love to get on my birthday?" She inched closer to him and stepped up onto the front porch.

"I-uh... A bike?" Nick chuckled and stepped up onto the porch with her. He felt Raven wrap her arms around his neck and smiled at her before turning the knob on his front door as he led her into the house.

Raven sat on the couch and rested her head on Nick's shoulder. "No, not a bike," she said before laughing softly. "Well... maybe. If you've still got your old one."

The pair turned on the TV and started watching a re-run of Smallville.

Meanwhile, a lone surviving AAO agent snuck into the AAO facility's data room and loaded the microchip's blueprints onto a flash drive before rushing out to the black and white Chevrolet sports car in the parking lot. He manually overrode the GPS system in order to track the AAO commander, and once he got a pinpoint on his location, the agent quickly sped off. "Commander..." he said, pulling into the freeway.

The commander had pulled into the parking lot of an abandoned warehouse in National City when he got the message. "Dimes, have you got the file?" he replied before walking into the building.

"Yes, sir. I'm in your area right... now." the white and black Chevy pulled into the parking lot as Dimes caught up with his commander.

The two rogue men approached Blackjack, who was dressed in an entirely new black and red outfit. "Gregory. We meet at last," he said while turning his attention towards the former ASO commander.

"My comrade and I have something you might be interested in." Gregory reached into his pocket and handed Blackjack a flash drive labeled, Cyborg Initiative.

Over at ISA Headquarters, Miguel walked into the armory, flipping a switch on the wall.

The wall panel gave way, revealing a used ISA agent uniform in navy blue and gold trim.

The man smiled. Don't worry, Miguel thought. I know your son will make you and Alison proud. He flipped the switch back down as the panel slid back into place and blended into the wall.

Suddenly, his phone began ringing. "Hello?"

"Hi, is this Miguel Santiago?" A girl on the other end spoke.

"Yes, how can I help you?" He answered.

"This is Kristina. I'm ready to join the fight."