In the mail, a note... : Chapter one

Ok so, today was the day of the barrel racing competition at Marley's by Silverglade. I was going up against Gabriela Spurks, she's like the best barrel racer in the world. Well, one of them... I felt like pulling my hair out when I knew she was coming into the competition.

         "Mom, I'm so nervous!!!" I groaned into the palms of my hands. "Don't worry Alexis, I did champion barrel racing when I was 17 like you." She smiled. My cowboy hat was on and my chaps.

         Muddy boots in the house wouldn't get me in trouble cause ya know, it's the country. Mud is bae!

I was waving my hand goodbye to my Mom and I saw her tearing up. "Bye mom! See you at the competition!" I smiled. She walked back inside.

           I unlocked my truck and the trailer was in the back. I walked to the trailer and opened it up.

Everything was set up in the trailer and I was on my way to Toby aka Tonka Truck at the paddock. He's my gorgeous bay gelding. He is 15.4 hh tall, weighs 1,024 lbs. He has a long mane and a long tail.

               "Hey pretty boy!! How you doin?" I jumped up and then down as Toby reared in excitement. "That's good that your doing fine... Hey, why don't I grab your halter then we'll head off, sound good?" He whinnied as I walked off.

              I returned 8 minutes later and slipped Toby's halter on. "Pretty!!" We walked to the trailer and Toby automatically went into the trailer by himself. "Good boy." I grabbed a treat and gave it to him.

              I closed, and locked the trailer and got into the truck. "Alright Alexis, let's head to the mail and then we'll head off!" I got to the mail and got out of the truck, unlocked my mail box and saw a letter from 'Gabriela Spurks.' "No... It can't be..."

             I slid my finger under the flap and saw the note. I took it out of the I envelop. It read,

Dear Alexis,
I wanna tell you that you are an amazing person and I also wanna tell you that you can change the world like I have, I really wish you well in the competition.

Barrel racing friend, Gabriela
P.S. Don't ever give up on the world. ;)

               I looked at the letter in shock. I started sweating. "How can someone so famous say that to a 'champion' like me?" I started getting light headed. "I don't know if I can do this.." A tear rolled down my right eye and started balling in my palms.