Chapter 13- McDonald's

The doctor smiled and patted Amanda on the back. "Good news." He said. "Nothing bad you just fainted from nervousness and overheating." He gave Amanda a bottle of water. "Drink this." He said. "You are dehydrated."

Amanda nodded and drank the water. She still felt terrible. Her stomach was rumbling but she pushed that away. "Can I go home now?" She asked.

Amanda's mom nodded. "Yes sweetie." She gave her a smile. "And we can grab McDonald's or anything you want on the way home. I bet your starving."

Amanda nodded. McDonald's did sound good. She sat up feeling a little light headed. "Can we go now?" She asked looking at the doctor who gave her a little smile.

"Yeah everything looks alright." The doctor said smiling at Amanda.

"Thank you so much." Amanda's mom said hugging Amanda. "I was so worried."

Amanda was relieved when they finally got out of the hospital. She had too much excitement for one day. She couldn't help but feel embarrassed. In the middle of her speech she fainted in front of the entire class. It seems like no matter what happened there was always something that happened that made it easier for kids to pick on her. She couldn't let that happen anymore.

The familiar large yellow M came into view and before they even got inside the fast food restaurant, Amanda could smell that fake food smell all fast food places seemed to share.

Normally, Amanda loved that smell. But today, it just made her stomach lurch. "It's been a while since you've asked to come here." Amanda's mom remarked. "You used to beg and beg to come here all the time." Her mom was quiet for a second. "You know, things aren't the same with you anymore Amanda. I worry."

"What do you mean nothing is the same?" Amanda asked pushing the McDonald's door open. "Everything is the same."

And to shut her mom up she ordered the usual: Big Mac, large fries, and large shake.

She ate it all up so fast. It was so good. Amanda missed eating like this. But that quickly faded as she looked down and saw her messy tray. The empty wrappers all scrunched up on it. She looked down at her stomach, appearing even larger because she was sitting down. Immediately she was filled with regret and disgust.

How could she be like this? How could she be so gross? So fat? She excused herself to the bathroom and threw it all up.

-----------

I'm really sorry for the short chapter and how it took so long for me to update. I hope you like it though.

Big MacOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara