Chapter 45

Back in the cell I start to pace, my mother was in the cell block next from mine. Unlike Preston's little jail in his house the rooms were only separated from bars, not walls so I could see my mother perfectly. Probably not the best thing to do, but they are rogues after all. 

"Mom do you know where we are? Did you see anything?" I speak for the first time in five minutes since we've been down here. I've had my freak out now I just need to think of a plan. 

She gets up from the cot and walks over to the bars. I stop and sit down next to them as she does the same, unlike her though I don't get too close to the bars. 

"You don't know the place; you've only been here once before." She says quietly looking at the door. "When your father and I first got married he had owned this old cottage. Those pictures in his box, this was the house he first started his pack. We moved locations though a few months before I decided to have you. He never told me why but now I know it was to build this place up for a sort of pack house. The basement has changed and so has a lot of things, he remodeled to fit a lot of people." She says quietly. 

"But do you know how to get here? Where it is?" I ask. 

She hesitates for a moment before nodding. "It's hard to explain really, the cottage is smack dab in the middle of the forest, right outside the next town over. Your father never wanted to live in town, I mean even in our house we live a few miles out of town, but anyways it's in between Wilderville and the next town over." 

"Can you give me a rough estimate of miles apart from each town?" I ask in a rush feeling irritation build. 

"If I remember correctly it's only about fifty miles out of Wilderville and about sixty miles out of the next town." 

I mentally do the calculations in my head. Preston showed me the pack territory one day after our lessons. It was a huge territory. It covered the town and then halfway into the forest from the next town over. It showed the territory ending about thirty miles out of town, which means that we are twenty miles away from Preston's territory, and maybe about eighty miles out of the next Alpha's territory. No man's land, this must have been the place they have been hiding out. This must be why Preston never caught their scent. They only looked at the pack territory and the next town over. They never would have thought to look at no man's land. 

I groan, we were so close to the border yet so far away. I couldn't believe this. 

"Do you know anything else about his plans? What did Joey do to you?" I whisper wanting to reach out and grab my mother's hand. As if sensing my thoughts she moved her hands through the bars instead and held onto me. 

"I only know what he plans on doing with you. I always wanted nothing to do with werewolf business. I never paid attention on what the High council is or anything like that. My father in law, before he was killed, tried to get me to Joey out from taking them over. Said it was a suicide mission." She says sadly. "I wish I had paid more attention when he first started to build his pack. I am so sorry Dee, I wish he wouldn't have done this to you."  

I gulp and look away. "He's sick to think that way. To use me to get a pure breed child... I won't do it." I say fiercely looking at my mother.  

She nods. "I understand Dee; I won't let them do that to you-" 

I shake my head. "No I don't think you understand. I won't let them do this to me. He's been waiting for years for this, and then he has to wait even longer for the child to grow. He needs Alpha power, and pure blood power from the originals. I won't let him do this. I'll warn Preston, somehow I will warn him and the High council. I just have to find away." I say looking at the stupid cuffs.