TPG 2: Another Adventure? Sneak Peek!

Tan Ying the Intelligent woke first. He scratched his arms and yawned, before dragging himself to the corner of the bunker to check the alarm clock. It was still 7.00 a.m.

Then Xinnan the Discipline. He trudged to the washroom, and was greeted by shrieks of "Nanny! Nanny! Nanny!" Yi Chen the Fierce woke up with a start, and shouted, "What a racket!" Jing Yi the Peace was last to wake up, and she tried to calm Yi Chen down with a memory of the sailboat on a calm river.

That was the start of everything, literally.

🍂

Deep inside the deadly Minkébé forest, a bird chirped happily, feeding its young. The sunlight seeped in through the canopy of trees. It was the start of a new yet apprehensive day, but the bird kept chirping.

🍂

That Particular Group planned their day ahead while biting on apples made by Yi Chen. Yi Chen purposely dropped a worm in Tan Ying's apple, and obviously, he cried and demanded another apple. "10.00 - 11.00 am - what?" Tan Ying stopped while he stared at Yi Chen who was rolling on the floor, grimacing in pain. Her eyebrows were furrowed together. Nobody ever saw her like that. She inflicted pain on others, but pain was never inflicted on her.. Jing Yi, who remembered an incident whereby... "Never mind, it's in a book." She dismissed the thought but a doubt stayed in her mind. Suddenly, the boys burst into laughter and pointed their fingers at Yi Chen, still growling in pain. Yi Chen, greeted by this scene, 'poofed' a dagger and sent it flying towards the duo despite her pain. Yi Chen immediately felt better, and she felt a heavy stone lift from her heart. Jing Yi felt all this and murmured in Middle-Ages English, "Pray we'll be alright," and rushed out of the hall, leaving the remaining 3 bewildered. Back to her usual self, Yi Chen kept the dagger and offered around apples, seedless grapes, strawberries and bananas. She made all those in 5 minutes!

Back in the room, opening and closing of a door could be heard. Jing Yi was stuffing all her belongings into an orange luggage. She also brought out a haversack. Jing Yi then popped her head from inside the room and signalled for them to come in. "Tonight there's a meeting," she explained.

🍂

The sun was gone and night fell. Without a word, That Particular Group walked to a blank wall. With that, Yi Chen placed her thumb against it, and a small door broke away from the wall. It led to a well-furnished room. Jing Yi, Tan Ying and Xinnan followed suit, and they walked into the meeting room. This was their secret, nobody knew it. And who invented it? - Jing Yi thought - That crying intelligent big-headed baby.

"Listen, I know what happened," Jing Yi said, suddenly serious. She was serious normally, anyway.

Yi Chen raised her hand and said, "Go on, I'm listening."

Jing Yi sucked in her breath and continued, "I still remember reading about a person's heart being tied with an animal. That happens to be the case with Yi Chen when she was rolling on the ground. Someone was hurting her animal. Our lives are at risk and we must go on a journey in the Minkébé forest. The animal. That one and only animal. All of them are in the Minkébé forest. No, not just our lives. If there are no powerers in the universe, it will end up in a big crunch, go back to what it is before Big Bang. The powerers are the only ones who can support the universe."

🍂

"Are you crazy? This is impossible!" Tan Ying wailed again. Xinnan looked sceptical.

"Are you sure? I've only read that in books." The room was in an awkward silence.

Then Yi Chen shouted, "Then we just have to find out!" Just as Tan Ying was about to say the same thing, he suddenly became shocked and scared. "Help... help... he..." He murmured for quite a while, and then he finally sighed. He shuddered. "Okay, let's go."

🍂

This was surely another adventure! Knowing what to do, they went to their separate rooms and started packing their luggages while Jing Yi, having already done her packing, stood aside and laughed at the others' frantic state. Then, Jing Yi walked to her working room and packed the first aid kit. Her room had everything she needed, particularly The Giver and the tank of tropical fish. She pulled a drawer and smiled at the map. It was an interior designer map of their home and worst of all, she designed it. Her mind wandered back. She had the routine of entering everyone's room to check on their cleanliness and tidiness.