prologue

Jimin walked into Seokjin's office, scared at what mission his boss would have for him this time around. It wasn't easy, being Cupid, always having to make sure someone was in love, or being loved. It was a tiring job, one that Jimin considered quitting frequently, but the joy on people's faces after they found their soulmate made everything worth it for Jimin. Even if he knew he'd never have his own soulmate, due to the constant needs from his job.

       "Seokjin hyung?" Jimin asked quietly, pushing open the heavy oak door. Seokjin was sat behind his desk, sipping on a strawberry milkshake while he sorted through some papers. Seokjin looked up when he heard Jimin approaching, and a small smile found its way onto his face.

       "Ah, Jimin, please sit down. I have a lot to talk to you about." Jimin walked forward and sat in one of Seokjin's fluffy pink bean bag chairs, something that would feel completely unprofessional if Seokjin wasn't the actual human embodiment of Cupid. Jimin was just an assistant, while Seokjin was the real deal. He didn't need flimsy arrows and good aim, Seokjin could snap his fingers and bam, you were in love. (The fairies would sometimes joke that it was the only reason Seokjin and Namjoon hyung were dating.)

       "I'm not sure if I've told you this, but you've failed your last three missions." Seokjin said, setting his milkshake aside. Jimin nodded and but his lip. Of course he knew, it was a fact that Jimin couldn't escape, not with Taehyung always flying behind him, teasing him about it.

       "I'm aware, Seokjin hyung." Jimin muttered sadly. Seokjin frowned and pressed his finger to the underside of Jimin's chin, making the younger look at him.

       "I've talking to the council, and we've decided to give you one more chance, or they're taking away your wings and you'll be forced to live in the mortal world." Seokjin said. Jimin swallowed in anticipation as Seokjin ruffled through his papers once again. He pulled out a folder – pink, of course – and pushed it across the desk to Jimin.

       Jimin opened it slowly to reveal a man who looked a few years older than him, with pale skin and dark black hair. "That is Min Yoongi, and is being admired by his partner, Jung Hoseok. We're sending you in to help Yoongi fall for Hoseok, so the poor boy will stop embarrassing himself."

       Jimin furrowed his eyebrows. "Partner? If they're already together then I'm not really sure what I can do; if the love is gone, then the love is gone."

       Seokjin rolled his eyes at the younger boy's cluelessness. Usually he'd tell Jimin to read the file and find out for himself, but he really didn't want to have to fire him. Jimin had heart, something that Seokjin's helpers needed. Jimin wasn't expandable like many of the others, Seokjin needed him to keep things running, so he figured he'd help him out just enough to where he would pass the mission, but not enough to the point the council would notice.

       "Music partners, Jimin. They compose raps together." Seokjin's phone rang and he flipped it open. A text from Jungkook appeared, and the boy needed him for something. "I have to go, but please, Jimin, please read over the file. We'll dispatch you in the morning, be ready by seven."

       Seokjin then hurried out of the room, for Jungkook's message was very vague, and he was afraid the fairy may have gotten his wings stuck in the refrigerator door again. Jimin watched his hyung rush out the door and looked back at the file, which seemed to be bursting with information. Jimin sighed, it was going to be a long night, and his eyes felt tired just looking at the pink tinted papers stacked neatly inside the folder.

       "Don't worry, Hoseok," Jimin said, "I'll have Yoongi falling for you in no time."