fifteen

hey go check out my last taekook one shot, it's 7000 words and there's smut so
and i worked really hard on it and it got no love so there's that too

       Jimin was staring to realize just how much time he spent with Yoongi. It was three in the afternoon, and usually he'd be curled up on the couch watching a movie or something with Yoongi trying to casually pull him into his lap. Today, however, Yoongi was at work and Jimin was alone, left to lay on the couch and attempt to entertain himself for the next three hours until Yoongi would come bustling into his apartment, complaining about work and scooping him up and placing him on his lap without resolve.

       Jimin rolled over on the couch and let out a long, exasperated groan. He shouldn't be thinking like this; shouldn't be anticipating Yoongi getting back from work so they can "accidentally" cuddle on the couch and share whispers and jokes. If anything, he should want Yoongi to stay at work for as long as possible and realize just how in love with him Hoseok is.

       Yet, here he is, staring at the small clock on his cable box, watching it tick from 3:03 to 3:04 at a pace that just has to be slower than an actual minute. He's pulled out of his lonely stupor when Taehyung starts yelling about how there's no food in the apartment, and that they should go shopping to fill the void created by a lack of company from a dork with fading grey hair and polar bear pajamas. Maybe he'd left out that last part, but Jimin decided not to dwell on it.

       So Jimin pulled on his shoes and Taehyung pulled on his jacket and they were off. Two lonely lumps walking down the street, Jimin slumped over while Taehyung talked his ear off about Hoseok, and how in love he was and how much he missed him at work. Jimin bit down on his tongue because it didn't matter if he felt the same way or not, he couldn't say anything. He just had to nod in agreement, masked as sympathy for Taehyung and his boyfriend who he'd get to see in two hours and fifty-six minutes. But who's counting?

       "Should we get apples? I think we should, I like apples." Taehyung was throwing things into the cart and Jimin was just pushing it along, not really paying attention except for the one time Taehyung asked if they should get Reece's pieces and Jimin shouted yes! because he knew Yoongi liked them.

       "Alright, stop moping." Taehyung said, snapping his fingers in front of Jimin's eyes. Jimin looked at him slowly, seemingly unfazed by the sudden fingers in his face. "I'll buy you licorice if you lighten up."

       "You're one to talk, the whole way here it was Hoseok this, Hoseok that." Jimin grumbled, but he picked the licorice anyway and threw it into the cart. Maybe the candy would better his mood. Probably not.

       "Except I'm justified, we're in love." Taehyung said, clutching his chest. Jimin rolled his eyes and hit him upside the head with the loaf of bread he was holding. Taehyung glared at him but let it go, leading Jimin down aisles and throwing things into the cart that they probably didn't need.

       "So, like, in all seriousness," Taehyung started as he set things on the conveyor belt. "How do you feel about Yoongi?"

       "He's my friend, Tae." Jimin answered, pushing the cart to the end of the line so he could start nagging things. "Nothing more, and you know that."

       "But does he know that?" Taehyung asked. He handed a wad of cash to the woman behind the counter and started pushing the cart away before she could give them change or hand them their receipt. "Because to me, he's pretty into you for you just to be dragging him along."

       "I'm not dragging him along, he's using me to make Hoseok jealous. We talked about it." Jimin said. Taehyung rolled his eyes and leant against their car.

       "Oh please, Jimin. Yoongi doesn't even look at Hoseok, why would he use you to make him jealous?" Taehyung asked. Jimin rolled his eyes right back and slammed down the trunk lid.

       "You wouldn't understand, just forget about it." Jimin pushed the cart into the parking space next to them, too lazy to walk it back inside the store. Jimin hopped into the car and waited for Taehyung to turn it on, only turning towards him after numerous minutes of standing still, staring out the window. Even then all he said was, "we have frozens."

"Alright, then I'll drive and talk and you can sit there and listen. This is an intervention." Jimin sighed and slouched in his seat, but didn't stop Taehyung when he started talking. "Look, I get it. I really do, you want your wings back, they're important. You want to go home to your family and finally be able to say 'I did it, guys, I passed the mission.' I understand, Jimin. I know you miss your wings and your family and all our friends, fuck, I miss them too, but–" Taehyung sighed and shook his head.

"I need you to try and understand how good you've got it here. You've got a kind of boyfriend thing that looks at you like you hung the moon and stars. He buys you cupcakes and laughs at your stupid jokes and he even watched all six seasons of Glee with you, which in itself is a fucking miracle because that show is so bad– I'm getting off track, here, but take a few days, Jimin. Immerse yourself in the world here. Don't think about home, don't think about the mission, don't even think about me. Take time for yourself and Yoongi, maybe go on a real date and if in a few days you still want to throw this all away for a life where you can't marry and all you get in return is wings, then so be it. But just take a week and prove to yourself that you really don't like it here, because I've seen you in both places Jimin, and this is the happiest you've ever been."

Jimin stayed quiet, holding his hands between his legs like he always does when he's nervous. Could he really forget about the mission? Let everything he's worked towards fall so easily just for a boy? Could he really leave his family behind, just for something that may not work out in the end? No, it was crazy.

But you know, so was Jimin.