one

Jimin waved goodbye to Taehyung, who was pouting as he watched his best friend shrug on his backpack. Taehyung didn't want Jimin to leave, he didn't care about the fact that Jimin's wings were on the line. Without Jimin, Taehyung was left alone with Jungkook, who, even though he can be cute at times, the fairy was annoying for the most part. Jungkook would always pull at his hair, and land on his shoulders without Taehyung noticing until he spoke up about something, which usually made Taehyung jump and shriek like a child.

"Why can't you stay, Jimin? Who cares about wings? I'll fly you around, please don't leave me here alone." Taehyung begged, grabbing on to Jimin's sweater. Jimin laughed and pushed Taehyung away from him so he could get ready to leave.

"I won't be gone long, Tae, I promise. All I have to do is make Yoongi fall in love with Hoseok, which shouldn't be hard. It says in his file that one time he liked Hoseok, but wasn't sure about his sexuality and he brushed it aside. All I need to do is rekindle those feelings and wapow! I'll be brought right back here, and my wings will be saved." Jimin patted Taehyung's shoulder and ruffled the boy's purple hair. "So don't pout, I'll be back before you know it. And if you ever get lonely, you know Jungkook is always looking for someone to play with. At least humour the kid once while I'm gone."

       "But Kookie is–" Jimin waved his arms frantically upon seeing Jungkook walking up behind Taehyung. Taehyung stopped abruptly and Jungkook's wings flittered in curiosity.

       "Gracious? Wonderful? What were you going to say, hyung?" Jungkook asked, hovering just above the ground next to Taehyung. Taehyung smiled up at the boy and shook his head, letting out a small squeak of dismissal.

       "Don't worry your little head about it, Jungkook." Taehyung said, laughing awkwardly as he turned back to Jimin. "Have a good time, Jimin. Please come back soon."

"I'll be back as soon as I can, but I can't lose my wings, Taehyung." Jimin looked at Jungkook, who had landed on his feet and had his arms open for a hug. "See you later, Kookie. Keep Taehyung out of trouble."

Jungkook saluted Jimin once before grabbing onto Taehyung's bicep and pulling him away. Taehyung glared back at Jimin and the older boy just wiggled his fingers, a cheeky grin on his face. The grin quickly disappeared as he felt a hand on his shoulder, and he turned around to see Seokjin looking down at him, wand in hand. Jimin's eyes widened, how far were they sending him? Usually Seokjin didn't need his wand – not even to send people to the mortal world – so where the hell was he going?

"Don't worry, Jimin, I'm only using my wand because I can trace the magic that way." Seokjin dropped his voice to a whisper, "I'll know before anyone else if you need help, that way I can help you before the council can pluck you right out of the mortal world and bring you back here for trial."

       Jimin nodded his head, but he was still apprehensive. He didn't even know how he was going to find Yoongi, let alone befriend him and make him fall in love. Seokjin saw the worry clouding over Jimin's face and he sighed. Jimin was going to need more help than he had thought. "I'll take of everything, Jimin. Look at it this way: you're a vessel for my magic. I'll do all the work, you just sit and look pretty for the council."

       "Why are you helping me so much?" Jimin asked. Usually Seokjin would throw a file at him and send him on his way, but this time around Seokjin seemed just as worried about the mission as Jimin did. Seokjin looked at Jimin solemnly, and Jimin understood that if he failed this mission, he'd never see Seokjin again. Not only were his wings on the line, but so were all of his friendships. He started getting teary at the revelation. "Do you think... do you think that if I lose my wings the council will let me go live with Namjoon hyung and the other nymphs? They don't have wings."