Chapter 6

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to mollygrace3, she's my bestfriend and she's a great writer! check out her book Changing my ways for you, its super cute!(:

"Jake what exactly is his condition?" i asked. 

"He has a concussion, tore his ACL in his right leg, and broke his left leg." he replied. 

"Ok, is he awake? And when did it occur?"

"During his game so about an hour ago, and no they're trying to keep him from sleeping because of the concussion."

"That's a good thing. How did you find out about all this anyways?" I must admit, i was a little curious. I knew they stayed in touch i just didn't realize they were still that close.

"Well besides turning on any new stations, his mother called me. She said he might need a friend here. A true friend, from before he had all his money. So i'm going to fly up. Would you like to come?

"Sure give me a half an hour and i'll be over. I just gotta call Josh to see if he'll cover my patients for me and if Molls can check on mom every now and then." We both knew when i said "Check on mom" that i meant see if she's alive and to clean her up if she has vomit or liquor all down the front of her.

Josh said he'd cover for me and told me to take as much time as needed. Molls promised to check on mom every morning. I hurry upstairs and get my suitcase out. I pack as fast as i can just throwing random articals of clothing in. I have no idea how long we're staying. I race to the car with everything in it. Once i've loaded it all up i get one last glance of Connor's house and thing, how could just 24 hours ago everything have been ok? He was healthy and it was suposed to just be another day.

I pull into Jake's driveway right along side Ben's car.  Jake helps me transfer my stuff from my car to his. Then he gets down to business.

"Ok heres the game plan. I bought 3 tickets. Yours and mine are one way, Bens only staying for 3 days. Lindsays due date is close and he doesnt want to risk an early birth. He wants to be there for her every step of the way so we'll go and stay for as long as we can."

"I can probably stay for 4 to 5 days. I dont know if i can manage any longer than that."

"Yeah i assumed that. i'll stay as long as you do. I havent taken a vacation day at the school yet and i've been working there for 5 years. Therefore i can stay as long as i want. They owe me at least that." 

It's weird seeing Jake so serious. He's the joker out of the family. I'm honestly nervous as we drive to the airport. Connor never gets hurt. He's tough. If he got knocked down, he just brushed it off like it was nothing and stood up. I can tell it's serious just by the way Jake is acting. 

Don't even get me started on Ben. He keeps looking at his watch and biting his lip like he always does when he nervous or upset. I can only imagine him when Lindsay goes into labor. His lip poor lips will be so bruised then!

We got to the airport a little early so we go and wait in the chairs. a half an hour later they announce that our flight is now boarding.