Realizations

CHAPTER 13

Riddhima took a deep breath and stepped inside TheCarnival.

"Good morning ma'am!" Dana, her Secretary greeted while approaching her with a huge smile on her face.

"Good morning Dana. How are you?" Riddhima asked tried to look pleasant, and both stepped in the lift.

"Fair well ma'am. Where were you yesterday?? Everyone was worried and you didn't inform anyone. That's unusual." Dana asked in a concerned tone.

'Curled up like a ball, I was with my dearest Nidhi! Weeping and Narrating assholes deeds' Riddhima wanted to answer but said "I was caught up in some personal business. My friend Nidhi? She was unwell."

"Oh.... Ma'am? Is Mr. Gautam okay? The moment he entered the office, he literally yelled on everyone today. Most of them were on an verge to lose their job!" Dana said.

"I see, well let me go and kick his ass then" Riddhima gave her a tight smile and approached towards his office.

---------------------------------------------------------

"Good Morning, you are late today." Nidhi said when she saw Mayank coming out of his room.

"Yes. I'm going to see Gautam and Avinash first, then I'll leave for my office. Where is Riddhima? How is she? and Sneha?"

"Umm...Riddhima left early today, she said she had some important work and I had a word with Sneha, she is a bit... shaken but recovering. What are you going to talk? With Gautam and Avinash, I mean."

"Kick their asses and put some senses in their thick skulls!" He said furiously but then sighed and continued. "My friends are not like that.. you know?" He shrugged. Confused himself, whether to defend them or blame them.

"I understand Mayank, don't worry. We all are in midst of problems." She smiled.

"Thank you. See you in the evening." He said and left.

She smiled and was about to turn on when she noticed an envelope lying in the floor. She frowned and picked it up. It was a beautiful, little handmade envelope, with a letter inside it. 'Maybe, he intentionally dropped it for me. How sweet!' She thought and pulled out the letter out.

Dear Garima,
I'm married. Not that I can say as happily married, but I'm just married. My actual happiness lies with you, sweetheart. Always will. Its my wedding night today. Remember the day we planned to have a pillow fight and you giggled on that thought? And you discussed all the glorious details of the plan??! Gosh, and the way you got angry when I joked around instead of planning seriously. I miss that wonderful sound of your giggle, your shinning eyes, your beautiful smile.... You.. completely. I'm sorry, I didn't want to hurt mom. She went through a lot, I said yes. I know you would have been upset and angry and annoyed. I didn't mean to break your heart, baby. We'll be together. I promise.
I always loved you. Still do and always will.
Yours and only yours.

She heard her heart breaking into several small piece, all the happy memories rushed back, all the memories she had with him. A moment before she was thanking god for gifting her Mayank and now...
She fell on the floor, not able to believe, of what happened.

---------------------------------------------------------

With a last long breathe, Riddhima pushed open the door.
"Good monring, Mr. Chauhan." She said when she saw him, another man who was standing in the cabin talking on his cell.

"I fucking don't care! Listen, I'm the owner. Screw Japanese! I said cancel all my appointments until my next order. Do it or you are fired!" The man yelled.