Chapter 16 - Words

" So, Tell me. What's the plan?"

Soundwave looked away from her gaze as he pondered the question. Behind his visor, his optics searched for an answer that guaranteed his and Arcee's safety...and he found none. Only probabilities that either massively outweighed their favour or risky chances that threatened to destroy them with one wrong move. Arcee sighed as she looked down once more, knowing as well as Soundwave did the futility barring them from escape. Soundwave looked down to her down cast optics, and lifted her face gently upwards.

" We need to catch Megatron of guard, so I can destroy that device, and he will never cause you pain again.."

" Or you." Arcee added, as she looked to the scar gracing his armour. " And then we run."

"Then we run."Soundwave nodded, knowing if they played it right, they would be able to fight without problem, and get to the ground bridge.

"It won't be that easy. Megatron will be expecting us to make a move. That scrap pile probably listening to us as we speak." Arcee noted.

" I f I know Megatron, he won't be. He rather crush our plan than prevent it. Which is why we will have to move quickly, and strike fast."

" And here's the time where bee's alt mode would come in handy." she said, with a light sarcasm.

Soundwave noted the slight sad edge in her voice.

" We will do it. Trust me."

Megatron cringed at the sickening romance; it was unfitting of any decepticon to have such an equal partnership. But, that aside, he laughed at their pathetic plan. The video and audio filled the command room, of which only Megatron and Knockout were present.

" So, Soundwave believes he knows me....fool...like he could ever catch me of guard..."

" Well?" Knockout asked expectantly. Megatron spared him a tired look. "Are you not going to punish them for even considering escaping-"

" Your processors never cease to amaze me in their stupidity, Knockout. And, as Soundwave words' you no doubt surely heard, I would rather crush their plan than prevent it...."

Knockout looked on grimly.

" But what he is forgetting, is I'll destroy more than there plans..." Megatron grinned. Knockout smiled as he sought to redeem himself with his next words.

" Their hope, Lord Megatron?"

The great leader nodded.

" Only then will they be our prisoners for the rest of there miserable lives."

Arcee looked up as she opened her optics. Her servos reached out for Soundwave's own servos...but only found empty space. She sat up, looking eagerly around the room, but she was alone. Great. The one thing you need after all of this is isolation. She sighed.

Soundwave was gone; when their time had ended, she was not quite sure, but he had been silent enough not to wake her...what's worse...waking to no-one, or waking only to watch him leave...She thought. Despite not knowing how long they had with each other, exhaustion had overcome them rapidly, until recharge summoned them both. She ended up falling into recharge in his arms, feeling a sense of security she had not felt in long time. A part her wished they hadn't fallen into recharge, that they could have talked more...just like how she would drawn into Cliffjumper's' long and extended conversations...then again, he was a conversationalist. Soundwave was....more reserved, but his words spoke louder than anything she could have heard. Precise and perfect. Either way, they had covered crucial grounds within there earlier conversation, which inspired some sense of hope in them both. Arcee wondered whether Megatron had been listening, or even watching. She trusted Soundwave's judgement, but she felt the entire time that they were being watched....a feeling that still lingered even now.