Chapter 20

A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU'VE CAME UP WITH FOR RHYS AND RILEY!

The interview with them will be up in April so you still have the time to ask them something :)

*****

"Kisses are more than okay."

His grip on my neck tightened and my arms wrapped around his waist as I leaned down to meet his mouth. We kept it soft and reserved and I was grateful for that. I didn't need to worry about shifting and I could instead just enjoy the sweetness of his lips against mine.

"I should probably go now," I said a few minutes later, reluctantly pulling away from him. I picked up my glass and finished off the juice. "It's getting late and I'm helping the trainers tomorrow."

"Trainers?"

"We've told you that we organize physical training sessions, right?"

My mate nodded.

"The more experienced members help the younger ones. The trainers are only fit and able members and we use a rotational schedule," I began explaining our system. "Let's say you are one such member, Riley..."

He laughed. He wasn't exactly what one would call fit with his slim figure.

"Hypothetically, Riley, so that you'll get my point."

"I know what a rotational schedule is, Rhys; you don't need to explain that. It means that you are taking turns. Unless the Bullets have another definition for that too?"

"No, it's... it's like that," I muttered and he giggled at my embarrassment.

"So everyone who is healthy and fit appoints exercise to the children and teens so they'll be fit as well?"

"Exactly." I nodded. "Our leader and second in command have other duties to perform so are usually taken off the list of trainers, but things have been pretty hectic in our society and a lot of the trainers have other tasks; that's why I'm helping out tomorrow.
"But why is training so important that you do it every weekend?"

We do it every day, I wanted to correct him, but decided that would make it even stranger, so instead I said:

"It keeps the children healthy..." And helps them control their wolf. "... Amongst other things."

I sat down and picked my glass again, already tilting it towards my mouth before realizing it was empty.

"And the other things are?" My mate inquired to my displeasure.

"Exercising in groups doesn't only make you stronger and healthier, Riley. It teaches discipline, teamwork and is also a bonding experience." I was relieved that I could tell him the truth without mentioning our animal counterparts.

"Oh... I never thought about that," he admitted.

"Will you do me a favor?" I got up. "Will you double check that you've locked the door and windows tonight? Also, keep your phone next to your bed when you go to sleep and call me if you hear or see, or even feel anything strange?"

"Sheesh!" He sat down and leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. "You are worst than Winnie."

"The short-haired waitress from the Milk & Cream?"

"Yep. She insisted I call her when I get back from my date with you."

I raised an eyebrow so he added:

"Since you are a member of the Bullets and we haven't known each other for that long."

"I like her," I assured him, a smile spreading on my face at the thought that there was someone else out there who was also looking out for my mate. "She seems like a good friend; you should call her."