Chapter 7 -- Crimson

A part of me is a part of you is a part of me is a part of you is a part of me is a...

Faint whispers haunted the winds that breathed onto my ears. It was hard to distinguish if they could be the carried voices of those around me or something

...part of you is a...

Speaking to me in the confines of my disoriented brain. Everything I could hear was just a wash of static noises, each one popping and crackling with unrecognizable rhythms patterns. If they were voices they surely did process well from what I could understand. All of the noise was going to drive me insane. I pressed my forehead against the wet concrete and tried moving my hands to my ears to block everything out, but they refused to move.

My whole body uncontrollably writhed around like an erratic flag in the wind. Shaking, flapping and rippling throughout every muscle. More deaf screams shout out from me and registered as whines of static in my brain. But it didn't matter, because that was the only way I could relinquish my pain, was by screaming out at the top of my lungs until they compressed painfully. I found myself on my weary hands and knees, each limb pressing further into the ground than the ground would permit. Even my forehead wanted to imprint itself within the solid matter of the concrete.

A sudden, clear noise orchestrated such clarity into my brain that I could instantaneously make out what it was, and what it may've come from.

It was word.

A name.

...a part of me.

A voice called it.

And I could recognize that voice.

It was... someone... who? Who was it?

Crimson

"CRIMSON" the voice shouted from across the courtyard. I darted my head up quickly to see that my vision was too shaky and blurry to make out who was calling my name. As I laid hunched over and looking up in the direction of the voice, my vision started to restore a bit to reveal five figures in the distance. I still could barely register who that voice belonged to, but why had I heard that voice before? And who did I hear that voice from...

One of the murky figures sprung out and kicked the other to the wall further on ahead. I screamed out again, more harder and more painful than before as two cracks whipped my brain remorselessly. Sharp whines dug their sharp blades further within my brain. After a while I could start to register it was gunshots that further wrecked my hearing.

The one grayed silhouette who shot the second silhouette started to fight the other one behind them. Two others stood idly on either side of them, probably frozen in unknowingness of what to do. The main figure fighting against the other two brought the third one to the wall and shot them once, as I could hear the sharp static pierce within me once more.

This serum... it was making me go weak. All of this mental pain that took hold of my whole body seemed to be deteriorating every sense of functioning normally. How could this have happened? How could the council... how could the Forbids... how could Zoe... let this injection be ready to use in the ceremony? Obviously there was something

Born

...seriously wrong with it. What kind of backlash would all the higher up officials receive?

Could I

You will

...die from this? No. No I couldn't. I CAN'T.