23.

I pushed him away when I realized what just happened. I've gone way too far. We stared at each other panting slightly from the most passionate, most heated kiss I've ever had. Not even Jack has given me those kinds of kisses. Only Julian.

Only Julian.

No. No, what was I thinking? I'm not ready for this! I'm not ready for another relationship when I just got out of one.

I stood up immediately. I don't even care if this was all still for show. This whole fake dating business was a complete and big mistake.

"I have to go." I said immediately, not waiting for anyone to reply.

I heard Fox say, "Does she hate parties that much?" before I got lost in the crowd.

On my way out, I bumped into someone. I looked up to see Jack. That asshole. "Claire, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" He asked, touching my cheeks and wiping my tears.

I was crying? I didn't even notice.

I slapped his hand away. "I can't even look at you right now." I spat before brushing past him and walked out the door.

When I was out into the pavement, that's when it started to rain. Great. This is just so cliche. Why did Amanda have to tell me those things? I usually tend to over think even the simplest of accusations. Yeah, I'm annoying that way.

My tear-stained face was washed away by the rain. I sighed and started trekking away from the party. After walking for a few minutes, I finally spotted a twenty four hour ice cream shop around the corner.

Finally, something to actually cheer me up. I entered the shop, the bell at the top of the door, jingling as I came in. The bright colors of the shop, nearly blinding me. For a moment, it made me forget about what was out there. Made me forget about the real world and the real problem.

A very cheery looking old woman looked at me.

"Hello, there. Welcome to Rainbow Express. What can I get you?" She asked, still sounding chirpy and happy despite the gloomy weather and my current appearance.

I was almost tempted to say, "A life. You can get me a life." but instead I looked around the shop where I found a girl with glasses who was reading a book (The Mark of Athena? This girl has nice taste in books.) and a guy texting on his phone, an empty ice cream cup in front of him but aside from them, the shop was basically deserted.

I looked back at the lady. "Uh... I'll have one strawberry ice cream please." I said with a forced smile.