28.

You see, crying hasn't really been my forte. Because, for me, crying has always been a sign of weakness. One show of vulnerability, everyone immediately brings you down. When I watch movies with girls crying their hearts out because they were stupid enough to "fall" for a guy, I would point at them and say "Ha! What a loser." before laughing out loud.

I mean, why should I give a rats ass about some guy when I know it would be his loss if we ever broke up?

But that thought immediately shattered as I sat there, bawling my eyes out while the movie 10 Things I Hate About You played on the TV. It was my fourth movie of the night and even when they showed the funny parts of the movie, I still couldn't stop crying. Cole was already asleep so I was free to do whatever I wanted. I chose this.

I, Claire James, have finally cracked.

My eyes were red, my cheeks were puffy, my nose was clogged up with snot and I looked like a troll. The only thing that was making me happy was my chicken drumsticks and wings and a really huge bottle of coke. Colton ran out of ice cream and I was too lazy and depressed to call the pizza guy or go to the nearest 711 to buy more ice cream.

I was halfway on finishing my coke when the doorbell rang. I sighed, grumpily before grabbing a tissue to blow my nose, pausing my movie and went downstairs. I grudgingly opened the door only to see a very nice sight that made me smile for the first time during that lonely night.

"Damien?"

The blond guy in front of me smiled brightly. "Hey, Claire bear." He greeted, using the nickname he gave me all those years ago.

"Oh my god, it's so nice to see you again!" I exclaimed and hugged him.

He laughed and hugged me back. "It's good to see you too." He murmured before pulling away. When he saw me, he frowned. "Have you been crying?" He asked, worriedly.

Shit. I totally forgot how awful I looked.

"Uh... yeah. I was watching this really sad movie. They all drowned. How sad is that?" I said.

He chuckled. "Okay, then. Whatever you say." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him before stepping aside. "Come on in."

He entered and took off his coat.

I closed the door and said, "So, last I heard, you and Colton were going to New York for that football camp. Is that still on?" I asked.

He chuckled once again. "Baseball, Claire bear. Baseball."

I blushed and smiled sheepishly. "Right. Sorry."

"And, uh, yeah. It's still on. My flight just came a little late. I'm actually on my way to the airport. I just thought I'd drop by and see how you were doing." He said. "Colton said you and Cole were going to be alone for the whole weekend until Colton comes back."

I nodded. "Yeah, and that's incredibly sweet of you. But, really, we're fine. Not exactly the first time I handled babysitting duty." I smiled at him. "Right. Are you hungry? I could heat up some left over food so you don't get hungry on your trip. I hear airplane food can be really gross." I added.

Damien gave me a bright smile. "That would be perfect. Thanks." He said and I proceeded to the kitchen to reheat the leftover lasagna me and Cole had for dinner.

We were talking animatedly about the camp Damien and Colton were invited to while waiting for the lasagna to heat when the doorbell suddenly rang.

Damien and I exchanged a glance.

"Who could be here at ten o'clock in the evening?" He asked.

I pursed my lips before saying, "I'll go check."

He nodded.

I walked to the front door and when I opened it, I almost had a heart attack.

"Julian?"