Chapter Ten- He Isn't Valentino

Hey sorry I didn't post a chapter yesterday I was camping. Anyway I'll be posting two chapters today. Hope you enjoy!

-Bayleigh:)

It's when my instincts kick in that I stop them.

"Mason get off of him!" I yell at Mason who's currently straddling my brother punching his face that's already bleeding enough. When I say this Mason's head snaps up and he just stares at me. Until my brother, the idiot he is uses this moment to his advantage and punches Mason in the face, causing him to fall off of my brother. Before anything else can happen I rush over to Mason and kneel beside him. His nose looks broken and his lip is bleeding.

"Tessa. Move." My brother says as he stands behind me, wiping the sweat off of his forehead.

I look up at my brother who has a cut above his eyebrow and a black eye.

" Did you start this fight?" I ask him.

" Tessa. Move." Gavin repeats.

" Did you start this fight?" I shout.

" Yes, but that doesn't matter m-" Gavin states but I cut him off.

" Doesn't matter? You started a fight with him because he's dating me! It's ridiculous you know, that you'd fight him because of this!" I shout at him.

" Tessa you don't understand, he isn't good for you- " He begins but once again I cut him off.

" Just because you have bad blood with him doesn't mean I do, and you're not going to stop this." I shout at him.

" Tessa you're not thinking right. He's going to break your heart just like Val-" this time I don't cut him off by speaking, but by slapping him across the face.

" HE WON'T BECAUSE MASON ISN'T VALENTINO! AND HOW DARE YOU BRING HIM INTO THIS!" I yell with pure rage.

" Tessa, please just listen to me. I'm trying to help you." Gavin pleads.

" Whatever Gavin. Whether you like it or not I'm going to date Mason." I say. And with that I help Mason up and then lead him outside with me.

" What the hell was that?" I yell once we were outside.

" It wasn't my fault! He started it! It was only self defence." Mason says as he puts his hands up.

I don't say anything I just sit down in the grass and let out a big sigh. My head is spinning thinking about everything that's happened tonight. With seeing Valentino, telling everyone about Mason and I's "relationship", and Gavin finding out about the "relationship" then fighting with Mason, I don't know what to do from here.

" Tessa, I'm sorry." Mason says quietly as he looks at me with big eyes.

" It's not your fault Mason, it's my idiot brothers. " I laugh.

" I know but I could've-" I cut Mason off.

"What's done, is done. And yes you could've made a different choice but that still would've had consequences too." I say wisely.

Mason laughs at my comment then replies"I'm sorry o'wise one. I will not fail you again." With that we both burst out laughing.

Finally we calm down and then just sit and talk for awhile. We talk about school, football, and I learn things about him and he learns stuff about me. It was nice seeing this side of Mason, the nice side of him anyways.

" You really need to get some ice on your nose, it's swelling up pretty bad." I say looking at his nose, that's the size of a ping pong ball.

" Eh, it's fine. I've had quite a few broken noses before." Mason says playing it cool. Although I can tell that he's in pain.

" I have to go find my friends are most likely looking for me." I say standing up.

" You sure? I could just give you a ride home. " Mason says with a straight expression.

" Don't you have to watch your house? There is a party going on remember?" I reply.

"The bouncers will do their jobs. Well at least they better!" Mason chuckles," Come on Tessa, just let me give you a ride home it's the least I could do after all of the trouble I've caused tonight."

" Okay fine." I give in.