Chapter 4

Alex noticed for the first time the beautiful landscape, composed of hills filled with grass in color of green and yellow mixed together, letting you know that the season is changing into fall. Williams was on the front of the house in his garden cutting petals of a pink flower. On the left side of the house was a small Storage with a silver lock on the door and to tell you the truth, it was tempting to ask about it, but I dismissed the idea. Robert walked to the kitchen and glanced back at me."Stop staring and go".
I looked back at the bed... For a second I felt like going back to sleep.

The fresh air blowing through my face, the smell of manure from Williams garden filled my nose, it was overall a beautiful sunny day. I really don't have any words that can describe this place.

I stood there stunned trying to absorb all the context and diferent colors on the outside, to the point that I felt a bit overwhelmed. "Don't expose yourself like that or you might faint again kid, also if you don't mind me asking, How did you get that birthmark on your right hand?". Said William from the garden without looking at Alex "What do you mean by that?". I asked him looking at my right hand just noticing the mark, it looked like a jagged thunder style mark, going from the center of my palm, up to my wrist. I stood there trying to remember if I've ever had it, but I started getting a big headache.

From behind me came Roberts with a leather jug filled with rum I might assume and a hand full of dry meat. "What he means by that Alex, is that when you have amnesia and you come out to a new place like this here, it is better to be careful". I didn't get what they were trying to tell me, but I went to speak when I heard Music from afar, so my gaze went towards it and it led me to the main town, "Why is the town so alive today?". I said looking towards the road that was filled with carriages.

"Hahahahaha Well kid this be time for me drink uh?. We are about to experience Alavaste's First annual Market Lask, when the Merchants from around the whole kingdom come together to travel and to sell they're valuables, Alavaste is the one in charge today." Robert struck his chest proud, but his belly wouldn't let him, I felt a sense of urgency to remember something, but it slipped away. "Yea, then let's not sit around and let's go".

As I walked pass William, He had a basket filled with flower petals, red, yellow, green and pink. When I was about to ask about them, they vanished from sight, that's when I told myself " I need to go see that maker and find out what this is all about." We walked across the plane and joined the cobblestone road filled with horses and carriages filled with supplies. They were not kidding about it being the most busiest day of Alavaste. There were Tents outside the main Town and all across the road people standing aside watching all the horses and people mounted on them. Screaming and numbers being yelled out to the air as Sellers wanted attention on they're stand, people buying and walking with bags on they're backs, it was a sight to behold for I have never seen such a busy place, different ingredients on top of tables "Hey you there! What if I told you I have an ingredient that can make you breath underwater, what say you?", I looked at the man with disbelief, but curious just the same, as I got closer Roberts pulled me close to him "Don't let yourself get lost, People here have yer tendency to lie all the time mate, be careful. Now stay close to me we need to go to somewhere first". I nodded and looked back at the seller but he was already speaking with someone else.

We passed a stand that had cages of live animals and there was one cage that had a lizard in the size of a small puppy, We kept walking for 15 minutes, passing by a lot of vendors. Then we stopped on the front of a shop with a small bell on the table and a billboard on top that said Maker with a huge Green Crystal on its side.

Roberts cleared his throat and touched the bell, after several pings later, this Dark Skinned man about the same height as me walked pass a courts in made out of beads, "Please stop... Stop hitting the bell I am awake see?, now what can I help you with". He looked straight at me with a small smile then changed his expression when he looked at Robert.
"What is this Old Pirate doing here?, I though, you too good for people like me?" I felt a weird tension in the air and anybody could see that these too had a history together. "Calm down Aaz'zar, I am here simply to help this boy, nothing else." Aaz'zar stood there looking at Roberts in the eye, then he looked at me and smiled. His teeth were yellow and he was missing the 2 top center teeths of the front, but I looked into his eyes and saw faded tattoos all over his face, "Umm..." I didn't know what to say and kept quiet, but Robert put his hand on my shoulder and said "Aaz'zar this kid here name is Alexander and he would like to know about the famous maker of the Crystals". Aaz'zar looked a lot more happier than normal, he started clearing a table in the back of the shop very quickly and came back towards the front and waved at us "Come Come don't just stand there, get over here now, please take off your boots first". We took off our boots and entered the back of the shop which had a big carpet in the center with different signs and colors. He came back holding a white wool bag with different colors all over it like Christmas lights all over, when he oppened the bag on to the carpet I noticed that the Crystals had a glow to them and that's why the bag looked like a rainbow. As I looked at them I started getting pop up images in my head, a woman holding a leather strap and letting it go into my hand, on my hand landed a Blue Silver Crystal in the shape of a triangle, then it disappear.