The Plan: In Action

I stayed in my room that morning for a few more minutes after thinking about the plan and walked out when I bumped into someone. I fell onto the ground and saw his outfit. A worker for the cafeteria. He had a big garbage bag in his hand, which was strange, because all of the garbage automatically goes into the garbage room. We wouldn't need any garbage bags.

The worker put his hand out in front of me and I pretended not to be confused about the garbage bag. "Here," he pulled me to my feet and we both looked at each other and did a double-take. "Mia," he whispered.

"Lendich?" I asked. I hadn't seen him up close since so long. "You remember me?"

He smiled and dropped the bag to the floor. He hugged me instantly and I pushed him off. His smile dropped. "Mia? What was that for?"

"I'm pretending to be mad", I whispered, my face still contorted with anger. "There are camera's and we shouldn't know about each other. I'll pretend to limp while you take me to the infirmary. And ditch the garbage bag, it's suspicious." He threw the garbage bag down the hall and I pretended to limp as we walked. "How did you do it?" I asked him.

"I had a secret pocket in my vest. I knew something would happen, and I actually thought it would happen sooner. I'm guessing you had a secret pocket in your dress."

"How did you know?" I asked him.

"I saw you putting it in. You're the only reason why there was one in my vest."

I smiled at the thought of him doing something just because I did it, even with a blind leap of faith, and scolded myself for letting him see me do that. I was supposed to be alone, but thank God he did.

"If I wasn't pretending to be in pain right now," I told him, "I would be smiling." We walked for a few minutes in silence. That was until I got called.

"MIA!" a voice yelled from behind me. Lendich and I both stopped, and slowly looked towards the person at the end of the hall.

"Kylermo," I whispered as he ran towards me.

"Mia what happened? Who is this?"

"Well... uhh----" I stammered for something to say.

"I'm Lendich. I bumped into her in the hallway and I am escorting her to the infirmary. That's why she's limping."

"Well that's okay, I can take her from here," Kylermo put his arm around my shoulders. I was so confused. Obviously Kylermo knew who Lendich was and was trying to discreetly get him away from me, but did Kylermo sense that there was a plan going on? He couldn't possible manage to do that, although I feel like that was what was going on.

"No, no, I insist," Lendich stood his ground. "I wouldn't be able to just go on without taking Mia to get better."

"Well," Kylermo started again, "I think that---"

"That is very nice of you," I finished his sentence for him. He knew he could not give me a death glare, but I saw him tense up.

"Okay," he smiled with gritted teeth. "If that's what you want."

We all walked down the hallway slowly, being as quiet as humanly possible. Lendich and I needed a way so that Kylermo would die, and Lendich and I end up together without it looking very suspicious. If that works than Lendich and I can be free for however long we get to stay on Earth Resides. I don't think I can live without Lendich.

We turned left down the next corridor when suddenly a panel in the wall fell off from its place. Kylermo was killed instantly by the weight, but Lendich had sprung backwards and taken me with him. I was in shock.