Chapter 9

*RiddhiPov*

"How have you been, Shiv?" his Mom asked him once again and I even lost the count of hearing those words from the past ten minutes.

"I am completely fine, Mom. Here, meet Riddhi." he suddenly said dragging her hear to me making me feel more than nervous.

"Namasthey,Aunty!" I mumbled joining my hand to which she slowly nodded but glanced at her husband.

"I am forgiving you for the insult your father did to me." Uncle said in distant tone and I nodded thinking we don't even care about that incident.

"I will make some dinner." I mumbled walking inside the kitchen feeling completely awkward.

"Why don't you both freshen up?" I heard Shiv's voice and my eyes immediately widened.

Oh god! They will know clearly that we are living in a same room and I can so guess their reactions.

"In the same room?" I heard Aunty's voice making me close my eyes tightly.

I shook my head and finished cooking before bringing it to the dining area and waited for them to return.

"Dad!We could get only this single room house for the money we had even though they were available after one month we have joined." Shiv started explaining making me frown.

"Does he really think we can afford that big house which he saw on our way to college one day?" I mumbled to myself shaking my head.

"How is college going?" his Dad asked and they started talking to each other while Aunty joined them.

"Dinner?"I called for them and they all walked near to the food.

"Indian food?" Aunty said with a surprised tone.

"Yeah! I am not that much towards the other cuisines. So, she is trying to cook only Indian cuisine for my sake." Shiv replied smiling at me to which Aunty smiled back.

"I am so glad that you are taking care of him." Aunty said making me hold my chuckle.

"Mom!I am not a kid for her to take care but she cares for me." Shiv said rolling his eyes but I can see that he is very happy.

I have never seen him this happy from the past few months and I am more than glad that his parents accepted us and came here.

He seemed to be down from the past few weeks and mainly for missing the tour. I wish we could have gone but now we reached the mark of being able to pay the rent for the next few months.

"Why don't you take a big place?" his dad suddenly said when I started clearing the plates making me nearly drop them.

"We don't have sufficient money and need to work more which we are already doing to pay the rent." Shiv said and I sighed in relief.

"Don't worry about the money, Shiv. I will give you some now and then add to your account every month." Uncle said and I frowned thinking is it a good idea.

"Really, Dad? Thank you so much." Shiv said hugging him.

"But,you need to not think about marriage until the studies are completed. Even her parents need to accept right." Aunty said smiling at me.

"Mom!We are not at all thinking about marriage." Shiv replied simply and I stared at him in shock.

Not at all thinking? What is the meaning of that? I thought frowning and then shrugged off for now knowing that I can't disturb this good mood with my doubts.