Chapter 20

*Riddhi Pov*

"Can I please know which room is the patient..." I was still in the middle of the question, but then saw a familiar person walking towards one room in a corridor.

"Thank you!" I said in a rush before walking towards the person who is shaking a little.

"Mom!" I mumbled, standing behind her.

"Riddhi?" she immediately asked, turning back and stared at me in shock.

"How is Dad?" I asked feelings cared to even question that.

"He is... he is... Oh Riddhi." She said and hugged me to her before she started crying making me cry back holding her.

"Don't cry, Riddhi! He is fine now and is under observation." She assured me, but we both just cried.

"I am so sorry, Riddhi." She said repeatedly.

"It's ok, Mom! Everything just happens." I said, trying to control my crying.

"Excuse me, Madam! We need some signatures." We heard a voice hearing, which we both stepped back and I looked down to clear my face while she started signing the papers brought to her.

"Can I meet Dad, Mom?" I asked, glancing at her when she finished signing.

"The meeting time is over, Riddhi. We have to wait a few hours." She replied sadly and I nodded understanding the rules.

"We will go to the canteen." I said which we both need with the way we both cried right now.

She nodded and we both walked towards the canteen and sat at a corner table ordering some coffee and a light food.

"Is that guy with you?" Mom asked the moment when we got our order.

"No! We... we are not together anymore." I replied staring at her knowing that I can't lie to her and keep some secret regarding this matter.

"Oh! Why?" she asked with a surprised look.

"He... he met someone better than me and we separated before summer." I replied taking a sip from the coffee.

"Were you two... I mean were you two too close?" she asked reluctantly.

"Yes!" I replied, staring at her.

"You must be really hurt by all this." She mumbled to which I gave her a small smile.

"I will be completely fine, Mom. Do not worry about me." I said, assuring her.

"You have a special permission to meet the patient." I heard a voice and immediately rushed towards the ICU and entered it to see Dad.

"Dad!" I whispered, looking at him lying on the bed asleep attached to a small machine.

"Dad!" I mumbled again to which the nurse gestured me not to talk and I nodded, but sat down beside him on the stool.

"Please wake up soon, Dad." I mumbled before leaving the room when I was told that the meeting time is over for now.

"I am sorry, Mom! I just left you in the canteen." I said when I saw her sitting on the chair near to the room.

"It is ok, Riddhi. Someone helped me to here." She said, assuring me and I sat beside her.

I placed my head on her shoulder and held her hand, hoping that Dad wakes up soon. I just can't take it anymore seeing him like that.

"What actually happened, Mom?" I asked her brushing my tear away.