Chapter 1

Kylo POV

Anticipation pumped through my veins as my Command Shuttle landed on earth soil. The steel hatch was lowered and I dramatically exited. After all, the villain always has to look good, even in front of his own army.

The girl was here. I feel it. Right on the other side of the Launch Bay. This is too easy.

The Launch Bay, despite what all these people living here thought, was actually a fully functioning First Order base. The front and inside of the building was actually just a disguise for the public and even for the people working here at this Disney place or whatever they call it.

The backside was where the real magic began. There was a full loading zone, large enough to hold six TIE Fighters, a few Stormtrooper Transporters, and my Command Shuttle.

No one knows it's here except for me, Snoke, Hux, Phasma, and a few selected, high-ranking personnel from the First Order. Not even the Resistance knew, which was the best part, otherwise I wouldn't be standing here right now...

I visit Earth more than people think. Quite often actually if I'm not super busy, which I usually am. Though thanks to the Resistance, I've had much more free time since we lost our main headquarters and got stuck on a Star Destroyer. I'm never going to let them live that down.

There was a section of the Launch Bay's building where vistors could meet me, though it was technically not used this way. It's actually an interrogation room, just without the table to be strapped down to. I'm a little more lenient with people here, but I still let them know who's boss.

Despite this, most people just seem to laugh in my face whenever I threaten them. No one takes me seriously here for some reason. I hate that.

Two Stormtroopers appeared by my side as I entered the back door of the Launch Bay. They waited as I entered a code on a keypad by the door, then followed me down the hallway.

That keypad is so much more than just to keep unwanted people away from my secret base; it actually will not let anyone "see" it unless the correct code is used.

For example, if I type in the right code, I will open the door and see my base with all the ships in the loading zone. If I was to type in the wrong code, I would open the door and see an employee parking lot for this...unique place. Cool, right?

I followed a remembered route down the interconnecting hallways, the Stormtroopers right behind me. I passed employees but they didn't give me a second glance, used to my presence here.

I tripped one guy as he walked by. No reason, I just wanted to watch him fall. Humans were fun to mess with.

I entered through a door with a picture of me taped to it. The Stormtroopers shut it for me, then stood straight and tall against the wall, awaiting their next order.

I felt so much at home in this place. It was built to look just like an ordinary room on a Star Destroyer, with a window to look out at space (though it was just a painting here). Still, it was nice.

"Dismissed," I stated to my Stormtroopers. "Patrol the area for any Resistance troops."

"Yes, Sir," they said nearly in unison. They left through the regular exit on the right end of the room, making sure the door was firmly closed behind them.

Two employees I was quite familiar with, Jack and Brett, came in through the public entrance (a narrow corridor with a wall blocking everyone's view until the last moment; from then on, you're stuck with me).

"Okay, so you know the routine," Jack said. He was dressed as a First Order Admiral, as if he could ever make it to that level. Brett, the cameraman, played with his camera. "Get in the people's faces, scare them a bit, take a picture-"