Chapter 15

"Tasha!" Alec called as I was dressing up after showering the next day. My parents are out of town so that left me and Alec alone. "You've got a delivery."

I quickly ran downstairs to see what my brother was shouting about. Alec was holding a bouquet of white and yellow roses. He handed them to me as I searched for a card.

"Who sent it?" Alec asked, crossing his arms.

I found the card and smiled, saying "Xavier." Before Alec could ask further, I ran back to my room and read the rest of the card. It says,

I can dance with you all day,

and match my heart's rhythm with yours.

I can dance with you 'til dawn,

with only the beat of our hearts as our song.

I can dance with you 'til forever,

for you are that music that completes my life.

-Xavier

I smiled and carefully folded the card and tucked it inside my diary as I searched for the best vase in the house to put my roses into. I then placed it on top of my dresser and suddenly, it lit up my whole room. I quickly snatched my phone and was about to call and thank Xavier when seeing my wallpaper froze my fingers. It was a picture of me and Cole. Cole. He hasn't called or texted me since yesterday. Was he still mad? I then instantly forgot about Xavier and dialled Cole's number instead.

It rang for what seemed like forever and Cole did not answer. I frowned. Maybe he's just busy. I decided to leave him a message instead.

Call me? I texted him and went downstairs to eat breakfast. 

I frantically told myself to relax. That Cole and I are fine. I slowly took my breakfast as I try to calm my nerves. I also washed the dishes before going back to my room to find my phone empty of anybody trying to contact me. No text message from Cole. Not even a single missed call. I decided to call him again. 

For the past two hours, I have tried to call Cole twenty times and sent him over fifteen messages. But still, he wasn't responding to any of them. He is mad. Cole is mad at me. The thought crushed my heart and I felt stabs of pain in my chest. I couldn't take the thought of Cole getting mad at me. I tried to think of something. I was too much of a coward to go to his house and confront him. I could not do that. I'm too scared to see the angry look on his face. And so I opted for another option. 

I rushed to Alec's room without knocking, to find him doing something on his laptop. He looked annoyed at me for not knocking and at the same time surprised that I had come to his room with a face that looked like it wanted to conquer the world.