Chapter 2

(Helena's POV)

I ran out of the building and squeezed through the crowd of curious bystanders.

"Why would he commit suicide?" I heard a girl whisper.

"I don' t know. I heard he was dumped awhile ago." Her friend whispered back.

"Poor guy... That girl must really be heartless to do that thing to him." She clucked her tongue.

My heart skipped a beat. 

Could it be?  

I shook my head. I hope not.

Then, I saw him and my worst fear is confirmed.

"Oh my God." I put my hand over my mouth to keep myself from vomiting.

It is Peter Sanders. His features are barely recognizable from falling from the top of a five storey building but I would never mistake him with anyone else. He is still wearing those clothes that he wore earlier even though it soaked in blood. His blood is spattered anywhere, painting the pavement and glass windows red.

Why would he commit suicide? I looked around.

I saw my friends on the other side of the glass window. Luke held Athena closely to his chest while Michael is nowhere in sight.

I remembered the murders at my town. Jacksonville is around 100 miles away and Julian is dead right? This is suicide, idiot. Surely, this isn't connected. I silently chastised myself.

"Move over kids! Police. Move over!" A loud voice came from the crowd and I am forced to move from where I stood.

Some policemen walked over to where Peter lay and looked around. They are already starting the investigation.

How many times have I seen this kind of procedure? I thought as I looked at them .

"Helena Blackthorn?" A familiar male voice spoke behind me. I spun around and came face-to-face with one of my old acquaintances, Detective Allen Taylor.

"Detective." I acknowledged him. The last time I saw him was two years ago after I woke up from coma.

"We always meet in this kind of situation." He half smiled. "And this time, it is a possible suicide." He said grimly.

"You think so?" I muttered.

"Why? Do you have any idea?"

"No. But why would he commit suicide?" I said.

"You know the victim?" Allen asked me curiously.

"Peter Sanders. He was my suitor. I dumped him not even an hour ago." I said in a small voice.

He got a notepad from his breast pocket and started scribbling notes.

"Do you honestly think that he would commit suicide because of that reason?" He asked.

"I don't know. We're not really close."

I suddenly remembered Julian's older sister. "Uh.. How's Delilah?" I asked.

"She's fine." His voice is suddenly grim.

"Are you guys... still together?"

"As of now? No." He looked pained all of a sudden. "Lena, I don't think that this is a good place to talk about her."

"Sorry." Are they separated? But I thought that they love each other.

"We still love each other. It's just that..." His voice trailed off.