2 ~ Sour as a Lemon

A/N: Here is the next part for y'all, in Mr Ben's POV! :D dedicated to Writingboks753 for her lovely cover she made me :)

Chapter 2: Sour as a Lemon

My hands were twitching involuntarily as I leaned against the wall of that stupid bakery.

"Goddammit," I muttered under my breath. "Where the hell is Clark?" Clark was the closest thing I had to a best friend. He was practically family.

"Hey man," I heard from beside me, followed by a hard slap to my shoulder.

"You're late," I said, but I wasn't really angry. Clark was too good to me for me to treat him horribly.

He simply laughed loudly, used to my grouchiness by now. "I saw you come out of that shop. What were you doing in there, don't you realise you're fat enough as it is?"

"Piss off!" I groaned, shoving him away from me.

"No, really, what were you doing in there?" he asked curiously, raising an eyebrow. He was my complete opposite; with blond hair, light skin, and blue eyes. "I thought you hated sweets."

"I do," I agreed as I slumped further against the wall.

He was still confused. "So...?" I glared at the ground as I remembered that girl from the bakery. She was beautiful, but she had pissed me off. "Whoa!" Clark laughed at the look on my face. "What got your knickers in a knot?"

At the sound of a tinkling, cheery laugh, we looked up to see my worst nightmare walking out of the shop. My glare deepened as I watched the carefree smile on her face grow. What a child.

Clark made a low whistling noise. "She's stupid," I grumbled, looking away so I wouldn't keep staring at the sincere grin on her face, or the way her eyes twinkled.

He looked at me incredulously. "What are you talking about? Do you even see her?"

"I see her, alright," I said. "I went in there because I had to save her sorry ass."

Clark let out a low laugh. "How so?"

I shrugged. "I've seen her before. She's such a fucking pushover, it's unbelievable. She lets customers walk all over her like a bloody welcome mat and she doesn't even care."

"Huh," Clark grunted, looking thoughtful. He turned and smirked at me. "What did you do?"

"Don't look at me like that, mate," I protested, raising my palms in defence. "It wasn't my fault. She was going to give money she earnt fair and square back to some cheating dick."

"Wow, you must really like her," he teased. "What's her name?"

"I don't fucking know," I muttered.

He made a humming noise and got one of those devious smirks on his face that told me I wouldn't like what he was planning. "Hey, sweet cheeks!" he bellowed.

Sweet as a Strawberryजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें