31 ~ Sweet as a Wattpad Heroine

A/N: thank you for still staying with me and supporting me :) I love you guys so much. Also, I am not familiar with the geography of England, so I'm deliberately being vague 'cause I can't be bothered to look it up. I should know, being from Scotland, but......oh well

dedicated to RM_2005 for the three adorable covers she made for me, one of which you can see above :) 

Chapter 31: Sweet as a Wattpad Heroine

"You think I can let you leave after that?" Ben snapped, trailing behind me like a lost puppy.

I sped up as I walked down the hall, trying to get away from him. "Your mother wants to talk to you, Benny," I said patiently.

"Are you going to pretend like that didn't just happen?"

Truth be told, I still felt dizzy and I knew the red hadn't faded from my face. I didn't know why I kissed him, but I was glad I did, because that kiss was amazing. It blew my other ones with Seamus out of the water, and not because Ben was a much better kisser.

Okay, that was part of it.

"Lottie, are you seriously going to pretend like that didn't happen?"

I kept walking because I knew I needed to get to my dad as soon as possible. "But it did happen."

"I know!"

I smiled at his frustration. I didn't know why he was so upset. I just wanted to go see Papa, and alone. "So what's the problem?"

He sighed deeply. "You're going the wrong way," he said in a patronising tone.

I frowned and stopped. It looked like I'd passed this corridor before...oh man. Ben caught up with me and I looked at his annoyed expression. "Where should I go?" I asked.

"I'll take you."

"Ben, for the last time, I want to go mys-"

"I'll take you to the front, Chatty Pants," he interrupted, rolling his eyes.

I blinked, wondering why he didn't put up a bigger fight. "Oh. Okay. Er, do you-?"

"Do I...?"

Without asking, I poked his hand. He was angry at me, so I didn't know if he'd want to hold my hand or not. Ben snorted and scooted closer to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I smiled at the floor.

After a couple minutes, we reached the front door, and the smile slipped off my face. I clenched my phone so tight that my knuckles turned white. "Bye, Ben," I said. "I'll see you soon, okay?"

He looked at me blankly. "I hope you know I'm not happy."

I rubbed my arm and stepped away from him. "You made that quite clear."

"And I don't want you to go without me."

"I know."

"And you better listen to my rules, alright?"

I laughed. "Why are you still speaking and not kissing me?"

At that, Ben cracked one of his heart-melting smiles which just made my insides fall into a puddle on the ground at the sight. He stepped forward and touched my cheek before bending down and giving me one small kiss.

My eyes stayed closed as he kept standing there, our foreheads touching. "Bye, Benny. I'll see you soon, promise."

"Alright, Lottie. You better keep that promise."

I grinned and punched his arm lightly. "You can trust me, Benny."

He shrugged and watched as I walked backwards from him. I kept smiling and waving and walking, even as his expression screwed up and he opened his mouth. "Would you watch where you're going?" he snapped, just as I smacked into the gate.