Author's Note ~ Copyright

Major Note to all new readers: This story is as far as it will go. It will never be finished on Wattpad and if it is ever published it will likely be taken down, so enjoy to your heart's content but understand before embarking that this is all you'll get until I release a printed copy, which is not even in the works because the book is not done and I have done nothing to get it to an editor or publisher. Sorry for the inconvenience. I hope you enjoy what you do get to read and that you'll tell me all about what you think.

Signing off, JJ

Comment from a reader: "It's creative, fun, humorous; has a good flow; employs clever dialogue, and portrays entertaining family dynamics."

(Want your comment up there? Go ahead and describe my book in a way you would if you were recommending it to someone. Send it to me through email, comment, or PM. Tell me if you want to remain anonymous or not and then I'll put up here.)

The beautiful banner above was created by stelliferous- and she did a wonderful job, don't you think? [Disclaimer]: This series is no longer called The Dragon Trilogy but I still like the banner and will keep it up. :)

THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE!!! Just thought I'd go ahead and put that out there. This is a very, very clean book - unless you consider the exclamatory 'crap' a band word, then no, this is not a very, very clean book. Otherwise, there is no cussing or talk of mature things. This is your warning, don't complain to me that I should have written a romance, I don't do that.

Now that that's over with:

Salvf (Hello in Elvish - my version: NOT TOLKIEN'S),

Welcome to the world of Fantasy. It's a happy world, full of mythical creatures that create their own type of folklore. Speaking of Folklore, that's where our tale begins, but most certainly not where it ends.

There are a few things that you must read before you can enter this world though.

"Now, why should I read what's below?" You might ask.

I'll tell you. "Because there are high flying adventures waiting for you beyond this page. Werewolves, Vampires, Elves, humans, Witches, queens, kings, princesses, dragons and all sorts of creatures you know about, but don't really know about, are within this book and everyone wants to read about those."

But first I want you to understand just one, little bitty concept:

Copyright © 2016 by J.J. Hays

All rights reserved.

This story; A Fifth Daughter: The Dragon Rider, including all chapters, prologues, epilogues, prequels, and sequels, and all associated content is copyrighted under the copyright design and patents act of 1988. All rights are reserved by the creator -- J.J. Hays -- and owner -- J.J. Hays -- of these works, and no part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, without prior written permission of the author.

Any unauthorized copying, manipulating, distribution, broadcasting or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of the copyright. Any and all copyright infringement is punishable by law.

Names, places, events, and characters are completely fictional and are all a product of the author's imagination. Any resemblance or similarity to actual people, living or dead, places or actual events is purely coincidental and unintentional.

I hope you understand that, because I mean every word of it. This is my book that I've worked way too hard on for you to steal it from me. Seriously, if you steal someone else's hard work and claim it's yours, then you are a fat, lazy bum who needs to realize that I'm best friends with dragons and you better run and hide, because we will hunt you down and toast you to dust.

On a happier note, that's all I needed you to read and understand. Now you may enjoy my book: All 242 pages, 100K words, and 187,218 minutes of writing.

[Please Acknowledge I am Talking to Haters and NOT Fans When You Read This]: If you have something to say about my story that you find offending, or that you just don't like, please do not comment about it in the comment section. PM me here on Wattpad, or message me through Facebook, or find my email on my profile and contact me there. I ask for criticism, but if you're just going to hate on my story, do not do it where everyone can see. This is both for me and you as the hater. Me because then I'm not dealing with everyone defending my honor/book or other people getting in on how bad this book is. And for you because then you're not dealing with everyone who loves this story telling you how offensive you are being and how harsh your comments are. Thankfully I haven't had to deal with too much of this, but it is outrageous how much hate someone can put into a comment. It hurts.

A little side note on that; do not expect me to thank you for your harsh criticism. I will come back just as rough. I will defend what I have written and I do not care how much it might hurt you. Being a bully is not right, but if you try to tear me down, I promise I'll bring you with me.

JJ