Chapter 14- She'll Be Okay

"(Y/N), it's getting really late we should get home." Mark suggested. "Mark, honestly I don't want to leave. I don't want to leave Jack all alone here either." (Y/N) replied, looking at Jack, who was falling asleep in an uncomfortable looking chair. "I don't want you to lose sleep over this, the doctor said she was going to be okay and-"

"FOR NOW MARK!" She snapped, startling Jack in the process. "(Y/N), I'm-" Mark began but (Y/N) didn't want to hear him. "Mark, my friend is here, in a coma, and I am really worried to even care about sleeping!" (Y/N) continued yelling. Jack just sat there, not saying a single word. He watched as Mark looked at the floor in defeat. "Alright then, I-I'm going home..." He mumbled. "Tell me if anything happens..." He walked out and not even a second later, Jack stood up and followed Mark.

"Mark." Jack called, putting a hand on Mark's shoulder. "What Jack?" Mark turned around and Jack could see he was on the edge. "Are you okay?" He asked, though Jack knew it was a stupid question. "Just dandy." Came Mark's sarcastic reply. "Mark, I can make sure (Y/N) gets some sleep, if you want." Jack offered. Mark's eyes shoot daggers at Jack as he spoke. "Don't try anything stupid." He said through gritted teeth. "Jesus man, I wasn't going to do anything like that!" Jack said, returning the poisonous look.

Mark suddenly felt guilty all over again. 'I-I'm sorry Jack... I know you would never do that to me, I just..." Mark could barely get the words out but Jack knew just what he wanted to say. "Mark, I'm sorry. (Y/N) is going to be fine and I'll make sure she gets sleep. Maybe you should stay though, she needs you now. I can tell this thing with Scarlet has her all freaked out, it surely gets me." Jack forced a chuckle out as Mark nodded.

They walked in to see (Y/N) crying, Mark immediately ran over to her side and wrapped his arms around her. She hugged him back and cried into his chest once again. "You... You seem to be by my side whenever this happens..." She spoke through tears. "Of course, what kind of guy do you think I am?" Mark smiled, softly rocking (Y/N) side to side. She laughed a little before looking up at him. "I love you." She smiled, pecking Mark's lips. "I love you too." He laughed, pulling her in for another short kiss.

Jack cleared his throat, making (Y/N) and Mark look at him. (Y/N)'s face immediately went red as she pushed herself away from Mark. Jack and Mark broke out in a fit of laughter as they watched (Y/N) shake her head at them both. "I-it's not funny!" She stated, still feeling the intense heat upon her cheeks.

Jack pretended to wipe tears away from his eyes as Mark pulled (Y/N) back into his arms. "So you two really are together, huh?" Jack purred, smiling widely at them. (Y/N) hid her face in Mark's chest as he nodded. "That is so cute~" Jack cooed. Mark nudged (Y/N), whose face was still buried in his chest. "Are you tired?" He asked but only received a nod in response. He helped (Y/N) get comfortable and let her fall asleep on him.

Jack let out a sigh as Mark softly smiled at him. "Something bothering you?" He asked, Jack just raised his hands up to his face and sighed again. "I don't even know, Mark. I'm so worried about Scarlet." Jack looked up at him before looking over at Scarlet. (Y/N) shuffled a bit in Mark's arms as Jack started to cry again.

"Jack, she'll be fine." Mark tried to reassure him, though it wasn't working as much as he wanted it to. "How do you know that Mark?! She could be dying right now." Jack argued, wiping tears away from his eyes quickly and frustratingly. "The doctor said she was fine. She'll be okay Jack." Mark said, trying to keep his voice from breaking. He could barely stand the sight of seeing anyone cry, especially (Y/N) and Jack. Soon Jack had cried himself to sleep, leaving Mark to watch for any sign of waking up soon.

So the end is drawing closer, I'm sorry (>.<) I'm really hoped you enjoyed it! And I'll see you in the next one!

Stay Nerdy my friends!